Chapter 4.

'Are you really going to do it?'

'Of course I'm going to do it!'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, now shut up!'

Standing outside the book store, Leia immediately regretted her decisions. All she could think about was how the only outcome of this is that she's going to look like a creep. She didn't even plan what she was going to do, or say to him, and that's if he even turns up.

She knew her luck was terrible, yet she took a deep breath and walked into the store.

Her anxiety calmed a little as the familiar smell of books filled her nose. There weren't many people in the store, but she still pulled her jacket hood over more to hide her face as she hurried to where she last saw him.

She took interest in the manga's that were neatly placed on the shelves. She had only ever read a few, but she suddenly wanted to read more.
Skimming the titles, she picked out around two or three, quickly reading the summary to see if she would buy it or not, when a small gasp was heard behind her.

Her heart rate increased dramatically as she stood there, frozen in place. She was cursing herself in her mind for doing this, because she didn't actually think it would work. Now that it has, she had no idea what she was supposed to do.

She slowly turned around, cheeks flaring red as her eyes found those of the white haired stranger. Like her, he was stood there, frozen.
The awkward atmosphere was thick as Leia's legs suddenly felt like they were going to collapse.

Aone, despite feeling anxious himself, noticed the girl was freaking out. Although he did want to meet the girl again, he never imagined it would ever happen. He also didn't know what to do, but he knew he had to do something to calm the girl down before she ended up having an anxiety attack.

However, Aone wasn't a people person.

He never spoke to strangers unless absolutely necessary. He hardly spoke to people he knew, so speaking to a stranger and having to speak more than a few words, freaked him out.
He wanted to run away like he did last time, but he was fighting himself not to.

He looked around, trying to find something to help distract her. He had never had to help anyone in a situation like this before.

Leia was slowly starting to gasp for air and she felt the panic rise within her as the boy moved a few steps closer to her, bending down and picking out a book. She studied him as her heart was still racing and she was trying to regulate her breathing again.

She realised it was the same manga he was looking for the day she saw him, but the first volume. He slowly handed it to her, and she saw a pink tinge to his pale cheeks. Her breathing had slowed down a bit as she took it from him with shaky hands, and she saw his hands slightly shaking as well.
He was just as nervous as she was.

Noticing the manga's in her hand, Aone thought the only way to easily distract her was to give her one. He knew where Jujutsu Kaisen was on the shelves as he had got four of the volumes, so he had picked it out with ease. It seemed to work as well, she seemed less panicked yet the awkward atmosphere still lingered.

'T-Thank you'

She muttered out as she hung her head low in embarrassment, clinging onto the book. His heart felt a pull, and he wanted to say something back.
Instead, he simply bowed, and left the store.

Another day without getting his final volume.