Chapter 6.

Leia couldn't even deny it anymore. She was stalking Aone, trying to find his account on sites like Instagram and Facebook, but she couldn't find him. She wondered if perhaps he just didn't use social media, but she ruled that out considering he's a teenage boy.

She found one account, but there was no pictures nor tagged pictures, and the profile picture was just a solid baby blue colour. She wondered if this could be him, she hoped it was as her thumb hovered across the direct message button. Is she doing too much? If a stranger found her profile and messaged her, she'd most probably be a little weirded out as well.

She texted May, asking for names of other people on the team to see if this account was following them. She knew she was doing too much, she didn't need May to tell her yet her friend did as she asked regardless.

Being friends with Leia for years hasn't always been easy. May lost a few old friends because of her, in the sense that they were scared to be seen with her. She was there throughout the countless rejections and fake love confessions Leia received. She was there when she had to go and see a therapist, get put on medication because she was struggling so much. She isn't sure what made her and Leia friends in the first place, it was too long ago to remember. Perhaps it was too much to see her sat alone at school everyday, or when she said a joke in class and Leia was the only one to laugh.
She knew she'd never turn her back on her and they'd be friends always.

May told her some of the names, and to her surprise she found some of the names on his following list. It was definitely him, but she had no idea what to do. Again, she rushed into something without planning on how to actually act on it.
Does she follow him? Message him? Message one of his friends?

She decided to grow some tits (being a feminist and all, she will not use the saying grow some balls) and clicked the direct message button. She pouted as she wrote out countless of messages before hurriedly deleting them, deeming them too cheesy or weird.
She sighed and wrote the most plain, boring, zero personality fuelled message and pressed send.

MatsuiLeia: Are you the boy from the bookstore?

She tried to keep off her phone for the rest of the day, scared and embarrassed of being left on read, or actually getting a response. If he did respond, of course she'd be happy, but she'd also be overwhelmed and scared and embarrassed.
She cooked some ramen, watched some cringy movies on Netflix to pass the time. She spent probably two hours just scrolling through videos on Tiktok, laughing at stupid things people came up with.
She was about to fall asleep when a ding came from her phone, and she whipped her head up so fast she thought she could have got whiplash. Her face was pale and her hands were shaking as she unlocked her phone, reading the notification many times to fully register it.

TaAone:  Yes

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・' ♡'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Authors note

Hi hello merry christmas!
I've been trying to update but keep losing ideas so ive just read a bunch of books to get my creativity back. I read Manacled and cried my eyes out many times.
Anyway I'm on 1.35k reads now and #1 in Vitiligo and i still cant quite believe it.
Thank you
I hope youre all staying safe :) <3

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・' ♡'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*