Chapter 30: I Lied

Erin's POV

I wake up on the hospital bed with some IV fluid being injected on me.

The last thing I remember was seeing the girl who broke my heart staring back at me.

Was I dreaming all of that? Was I just hallucinating?

The nurse was checking on my vitals.

"Hi Ms. Erin right? You pass out earlier in the front desk section. How are you feeling right now?" She ask in a friendly polite manner.

"Where am I right now?" I ask curiously.

"You're in a private room. Dr. Radley fill out all the forms and immediately got you this room to check up on you."

"Dr. Radley?" I repeated.

And there I saw her again, the very same girl that I thought I was hallucinating earlier.

"Nurse Jane can you give us a moment alone please." Vanessa spoke to her to give me and herself some privacy.

I blink a few times just to make sure this is actually real and not some kind of imagination.

"How are you feeling right now? You suddenly pass out this morning and your nose also bled earlier." She says professionally.

So she's a doctor now?

She wave her hand at me.

"Rin? Are you okay?" She ask softly.

Her voice is a lot more softer and tender.

I tilted my head further from her.

"Thanks, I feel so much better now. I don't really need any of these." I say while I sat up and try to remove the needles on my hand.

"Rin, No! Wait.. I just run some test on you. Let's wait for your test results before you leave." She says while holding me off.

Two things irritates me right now.

"Erin!" I say a bit louder. I am trying to correct her way of calling my name.

I pulled away from her touch.

"Call me Erin. Nobody calls me Rin anymore. I really don't want to stay in this bed. I can wait for my test results outside of this room."

Hospital beds are very suffocating for me to be honest.

"Okay.. Erin, why don't you stay in my office while we wait for your results." She says gently.

Do I really have to?

"You came in the hospital so either you are visiting someone or you are feeling unwell." She says.

"I just need some medicine for my allergies." I argued.

"Sure.. but come to my office for a bit. There are still some information that you need to fill up." She says.

I follow her to her office.

That would be better than being on the bed.

I sat uncomfortably in front of her.