Chapter 20: Fast Cars

Tori POV

Erin started working for Vandercourt Architectural designs.

It's the biggest Architecture business in the country.

Vandercourt is a multi-billion company that excels in different types of business. They are one of the biggest and wealthiest people in the world.

She's been working for a few days now.

"So how is your work? Are you getting along with your coworkers?" I ask curiously.

"It's impossible to do that when no one is taking me seriously. I can't blame them since I am just a nepo baby." She say while we are eating breakfast.

"What? That's not true.." I rebut.

"Oh it's fine Tori. I mean look, I don't have the degree, knowledge and experience to be their boss. I only got the job because of my grandfather. Anyone would be pissed if they were in that position having to answer for an incompetent boss." She reply casually.

"Erin you are not incompetent." I says shaking my head in disapproval.

"They should have assign me to Vandercourt car maintenance. I am a better mechanic." She mention

I giggle softly.

"So you like fixing cars?" I ask amused.

"Fixing... riding.. whatever, I've got it all." She reply smiling.

"Right.. I kind of wish you'll show me. I want to experience it too. The thrill of riding a fast car." I say.

"Are you serious?" She ask.

"Just want to know what the fuss is all about.." I say jokingly.

"We can borrow one of Hollie's car if you want." She says.

I can see that she was also excited for me.

"Today?" I ask.

"I've got nothing to do in the afternoon. But if you're busy, we can set it on another day." She says casually.

"No, this afternoon is fine. Sure." I say.

"Okay, then it's a date." She says.

After some time, we ride separate cars to work.

Nothing eventful happen in the office.

I was just meeting other companies for a potential partnership.

Mostly just boring business transactions that I do in a daily basis.

I should have taken a leave and ask Erin to travel with me when I still had a chance. Now she is going to be busy balancing her work for Vandercourt and on her art gallery.