Chapter 26: Old Videos

Tori's POV

I can't help but notice how busy Erin has been.

She and I barely spend time together. She goes to work early and comes home very late at night.

I miss our simple days together.

Right now I am in the mansion, preparing dinner. I just hope Erin will still have time to eat this later when she gets home.

She told me she will try to find more time once she finish her ongoing projects. I wish that would be soon.

I heard the bell ringing while I was placing the meal on the table.

I'm sure it's not Erin since she has her own key.

I open the door and I was greeted by the presence of Hollie.

"Oh hi Hollie." I say casually.

"Tori hey.. is Erin home?" She ask while peeking inside.

"Oh does she know you are coming? She's been very busy. I doubt if she can make it home early." I reply.

"Oh too bad.. can I still come in though? I bought some cookies." She says.

She looks like she's troubled by something so I just let her in. Maybe she needs a friend to talk to. I certainly do.

"Sure.. thanks for the cookies. Do you want something to drink? I also prepare a meal in case you haven't eaten yet." I reply offering her a food and drink.

"Or maybe some alcohol? I already have my dinner." She reply.

"Oh sure.. I have some vodka here somewhere." I say while I check on our bar.

"What time will Erin be home?" She ask curiously.

"Right now probably very late. If you have a message for her I can just tell her when she gets home." I say.

"Nah, it's fine. It's just weird that she's working for her family."

"What is so weird about it?" I ask while I open the bottle.

"She had a lot of resentment before. With Francis death, her neglectful parents and the pressure.. to be great in everything. Francis was the golden boy.. He excel in everything he did. So no one knew he was depressed. Erin had taken his death worse than anyone since she is the closest to Francis. After his death.. I never thought her relationship with her family will ever get better." Hollie explain.

"That must have been very difficult.." I say.

"Yes.. Erin was a complete mess. No one knew how to help her out and the next thing I knew they were sending her again to rehab. I sometimes feel like I was at fault too for her alcoholism." She look sad about it.

Clearly, their bond goes way deeper.

"Did you two? I mean.. Did or do you like her romantically?" I ask curiously.