Chapter 1: The Meet

Erin POV

Am I dreaming or what?

Did my parents really sign the release form and I could finally get out of here?

"This is not some kind of prank is it?" I asked still in disbelief.

"No my dear.. it isn't. Hopefully this time you take this chance seriously. I hope not to find you any trouble next time." My nurse say as she was about to bid me farewell.

I nodded hastily.

I couldn't even contain my own excitement.

"Your ride is waiting for you outside." She mentioned.

I hug her one last time.

"Thank you for everything." I said smiling.

"You can always come and visit this place whenever you want."

I shook my head.

"Hard pass on that one." I said as I start jogging away to the door out.

I was greeted by a familiar face.

One I haven't seen in many years.

"Oh bloody hell! You've gotten old!" I almost yelled.

He try to look around feeling embarrassed with me.

I laughed it out.

"Don't worry we've both gotten old Thomas." I said patting his shoulder.

He's been our family driver eversince I could remember.

"It's nice to see you again Ms. Vandercourt. Shall we?" He open the car door for me.

I made a face..

"Ew.. Why would you call me with my surname?" I look at him in disapproval.

I hop in the car and settled comfortably.

"Madam Erin, you should take the back seat." He said as he enter the driver's side.

I shook my head again.

"That's even worse.. "Madam" Let stick with Erin instead.. okay?" I said reaching out for the newspaper.

"You will be having lunch with Mr. and Mrs. Vandercourt today with some other guest." He mention while driving.

I nodded while scanning the page.

"I believe your grandfather will also be present." He said as he glance at me.

I let out a silent yawned.

"I was instructed to give you that dress." he pointed out on the box behind me.  "It was handpicked by your mother."

I didn't bother checking it out.

"You'll have to wear it for lunch. Please I am begging you.. keep it low." He looked a bit worried for a second.

Yeah, "keep it low" meaning I can't be myself at all.

"What's the story this time Thomas?" I asked.

"You've been busy travelling across countries doing charity work for less fortunate people." He said with a dead serious straight face.