Chapter 25: Bamboozled by Chishiya

[4 days before Arisu arrives at the Borderlands]

Y/N's POV

I was currently baking some cookies for Shuntarou, I mixed the contents that formed the batter of it. I continue to mix it until it formed into a dough. I set the tray and rolled the dough into small balls before placing them on the baking tray, I set the timer and put the cookies in the oven. I chilled on the kitchen bench, playing games on my phone to pass the time. I heard some footsteps going towards the kitchen, looked up from my phone and saw it was Shuntarou.

"Heyyy... Shuntarou" I grinned, I walked over to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey, Y/N" he greeted

"Haven't seen ya in a while, huh?" I wrapped an arm around him, and he just nodded. I furrowed my eyebrows out of confusion, he usually isn't this quiet- well, less snarky.

"So... you want to help me roll the second batch of cookies?" I asked

"Sure" he shrugged

"Alright, thanks" I kissed him on the forehead, making the corner of his lips twitch a little.

"Do you have to kiss my cheek every time?" he asked as he stared at me with an annoyed expression, at least trying to. A ghost smile played upon his lips before disappearing quickly.

"No, but I just like to. Why? Would you like me to stop?"

"I..." he trailed off, mumbling under his breath that I couldn't hear what he said.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, besides I think you're cookies are ready" Right on cue, the timer went off. I rushed towards the oven, quickly put on the oven mitts, and opened it. A rush of hot air hits my face as soon as I opened it. The smell of melted sugar wafted throughout the air as I set them down gently. I looked down at my phone, checked the time and looked back up to see Shuntarou, who seemed to be in deep thought.

"Hey, you alright?" he snapped out of his apathetic state.

"Yes, I am, why?"

"You're very quiet today"

"So?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Usually, you would talk to me or insult which I don't prefer but now you look deep in thought," I stated

"It's nothing really" he brushed me off, I feel like it's something.

"Alright... whatever say? If you need or want to talk, you can come to me, alright?" I smiled.

"Thanks..." he nodded

"Well here is a large container of cookies for you" I handed the container to him. He nodded but remained still, not intending to leave making me give him a questioning look.

"You need something?" I questioned, giving him an awkward smile.

"I'm still curious about your phone" he said

"You still on about that?" I raised an eyebrow, that's a little out of the blue.

"You can't blame me for being suspicious of how it's the only phone that works, besides the ones provided in the games" He stated.

"Alright, let's go to my room then" I held out my hand for him to take, but he just stared at my hand for a bit too long making me retreat my hand.

"To my room, we go," I said, power-walking upstairs as he trailed behind me. I unlocked the door and opened it offering him to go in first. He went in, I followed the suit, not before looking behind me to see if anyone is following us or not. Satisfied with no one there, I closed the door and locked it. I sat down next to him on the side of the bed.

"So... what are you wondering about the phone?"

"How does it work? Obviously, it's no ordinary phone despite the looks of it" he observed the phone in my hand.

"Hm... it works differently than a usual phone, let's say... it's mostly used for a need than a want." I vaguely answered

"Interesting, it supports my theory, making me more suspicious of you"

"Then why did you decide that you wanted to be my boyfriend?" I questioned

"Well... I thought that I would be able to get more information about you" Not going to lie, that stings and kinda sounds like something that he would do.

"Is that the only reason why you wanted to be my boyfriend? You hurt me" I clenched where my heart was dramatically.

"Well, it's not exactly the only reason..." he trailed off, I tilted my head to the side a little.

"What?"

"Well..."

"You want to kiss me?" I bit my lip in a fuck boy style, and he looked at me unimpressed.

"No" Wow, rejection from your own boyfriend? That just rubs salt in the wound.

"Damn, I was actually hoping that" I sighed feigning disappointment half-jokingly.

"Uh huh" he shot me a look.

"Okay, is that all that you have to say to me?"

"There is one more thing," he said

"Oh, what is i-" I was cut off by something soft yet dry, my mind was not able to process it at first but realised it was his lips against mine. I kissed back, closing my eyes as I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer. My heart sped up as he wrapped his arms around me, It felt like a minute or so before he broke the kiss. I looked into his eyes, seeing the first emotion besides nonchalance. His eyes held affection towards me, making my face heat up slightly.

I was snapped out of my trance-like state by something caressing the side of my face, I was still stunned by the previous stunt he made. I was speechless.

"Now this is the face I wanted to see" he purred (how does one purr?), a smirk plastered on his face but not like the usual ones he give others.

"I thought you said you didn't want to kiss me?" I finally said, looking at him.

"I never said that, that's what you thought"

"But you literally said-" he placed a finger on my lips, I looked at him with a puzzled look

"Don't think too hard, it's not good for your brain~" he insulted, giving me his Cheshire grin.

"You little shit" I shot back

"Do you mind if I stay here?" he said, already lying down on my bed under the covers.

"Bitch-"

We both bickered with each other until we fell asleep

A/N: Jesus, my writer's block gonna fuck me up these days. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the story, just felt extra delulu today 😍