Prologue

Y/n's POV

I quietly tapped on the keyboard as I was eager to go home early. The clicks of each key echo throughout the library space as I tried to get my work done.

'This essay is going to be the death of me someday' I thought as I tapped away at my keyboard.

After what felt like an eternity, I finally finished my essay! I printed it out and tucked the pages safely into a folder. I looked down at my wrist to check the time.

'10pm' it read.

"Damn, I've been here for like three hours." I thought out loud.

I decided to wrap it up here so I packed up my stuff and exited the almost empty library.

I walked onto the path beside the road and followed where it would take me, in my case, home. Since I had time to kill, I wanted to rewatch Alice in Borderland. I was not able to count how many times I watched the show to the point that I memorized what would happen, the character's lines, and the games like they were my bible. I walked for a few more minutes until I came across a tall building that was my apartment. I silently died on the inside because my compartment was on the 5th floor. I entered the building and looked up at the spiral of staircases that were laid out before me. I proceeded to climb the (what almost seem to be) never-ending staircase. I finally reached my floor, I panted softly as I was a little out of breath. I went in front of my door and fumbled for my keys. I unlocked the door to reveal my plain old apartment.

I let out an exasperated sigh and flopped onto the couch. I reached for the remote and selected Netflix, I proceeded to binge-watch the whole two seasons until it was 3:00 am. A tired smile stretched across my face knowing that I was screwed and would my best friend would give me an earful when I don't sleep early enough. I was in the middle of the final episode when I felt a familiar heaviness on my eyelids, my body was deciding whether or not I should sleep. I felt myself slip in and out of consciousness.

"Damn, I kinda wish that I could save all those characters myself, they died too quickly..." I tiredly mumbled before succumbing into the darkness.

Unaware that someone or something was there, watching me sleep, emitting a mysterious aura.

"Well Y/N, you're in for a ride." They grinned with malic

"Let's hope you don't die as quickly as they did."

A/N: Hello to new readers! yes, this is indeed a gender-neutral reader fanfic! Bear with me since this is my first fanfic and wanted to make an aib x gender neutral reader because those are almost non-existent and plus! The other characters need love too!

Edit:

Warning this book may contain

- murder

- blood

- plot divergence

- slightly OOC things

- horrible romantic moments that I make up at 3am

- Niragi (depending if you're a Niragi hater or not)

I do not condone hate and discrimination here, any comments that are deemed offensive will be deleted!

Edited