Chapter 8: *Holds The Side Characters Gently* You're My Friend Now

The warm light of the sun filtered through the curtains, making little small rays of light as they kissed my face. I stirred in my sleep. The sun hit my back as I rolled over. A knock on the door woke me up. I groaned tiredly, begrudgingly sat up on my bed, and walked tiredly towards the door. I ran through my hair, trying to undo the knots to make myself somewhat presentable. There was another knock. I shouted "In a minute!" before speed-walking towards the door. I opened the door, revealing Kuina standing there.

"Hey Y/N!" she beamed

"Oh! Kuina, how did you know what room I was in?"

"I nagged Chishiya." she smiled innocently

"Oh."

"Anyway, how is your stay so far? Anyone bothering you?"

"It's pretty good so far, and no one bothered me, at least not yet."

"How is your morning?"

"It's better now that you're here." I jokingly flirt.

"Consider me swooned." She dramatically threw the back of her hand onto her forehead.

We chuckled softly at our stupidity.

"You know Kuina... I'm planning on making something today. Would you mind accompanying me? Just the two of us?" I wiggled my eyebrows playfully.

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"Maybe, maybe not," I answered vaguely.

"Ugh, you're starting to sound like Chishiya. Don't tell me he influenced you or something." she huffed.

"No, not really, but anyway, I'll just change first into my bathing suit first and then we will head into the kitchen."

While Kuina waited for me on the bed, I grabbed my bathing suit and went to the bathroom. Stripping off my pyjamas, and slipped on my bathing suit. I grabbed my jacket and put it over my bathing suit. I stepped out of the bathroom and saw that Kuina was laying down on my bed.

"Kuina, I'm ready, let's go!" I called

She nodded and jumped off the bed to follow me out the door.

"I wonder what were are making this time!" she pondered

"Hmm... I was thinking about those Japanese souffle pancakes!"

"I love those! My mother used to make those for me." She grinned excitedly

"I'll keep that in mind, then!" I replied as we continuously approached the kitchen.

We went into the kitchen. Kuina took out the required equipment we needed to make the souffle.

"Let's see... we need 2 large eggs, whole milk, vanilla extract, cake flour, baking soda, sugar, and canola oil." I listed as Kuina went to get them.

"Oh! And Kuina, would you like whipped cream?" I asked

"Sure!"

Kuina put the heavy cream on the counter as I searched for some ice at the back, I wandered for a second before discovering some sort of huge container that was near the exit of the storage room (I would call it the back room but it doesn't seem too accurate). I was curious and looked inside. There was a bunch of ice inside! I'll just only take some. The pocket of my hoodie was vibrating. Reaching into my pocket, I grabbed whatever was in there and behold, my phone! Strange, I don't remember putting it in my pocket and it seems like I have a notification!

I clicked on the notification and it opened up in the Inventory app, I saw some ice cubes in the inventory box, I tapped on it and it gave me a description of it.