One Foot Into My Grave

Magsimula sa umpisa

The wave of goblins is advancing faster than I thought. They are splitting up into different squads and are trying to overwhelm us with their numbers.

The magic circles above the mage glow brightly and create a torrent of fire into the sky.

...

After a while, many pillars of fire rain on the backlines of the catapult, destroying many.

Yet it is not enough. The mages are protecting the army.

Damn it. The frontline can't reach the mages and they are the most annoying ones. I need Melissa to save her mana and I cannot snipe from here.

...

I turn to the panting mage.

"Ma'am, can you use long-distance teleport?" I ask.

"Y-Yes?"

I abruptly grab her hands and she jolts. "Teleport me to the middle of the mages and teleport me back."

Her jaws drop.  "W-What? Is that not suicide?!" 

"We don't have a choice...please. My life is in your hands." I say.

Her face grows pale.

Melissa grabs my shoulder. "Whatever the fuck you planned to do, I'm not letting you." 

...

"We will all die anyways if we don't take risks." I bluntly say.

...

Melissa gazes down and bites her lips. Her grip on my shoulder trembles before she loosens. 

"Are you sure?" The mage asks anxiously

"Yes yes! We don't have the time. Hurry!" I pull out the Blade of Eternity and consume a pill.

A large magic circle appear beneath me. I start to absorb mana from the atmosphere into my sword.

In a blink of an eye and I'm suddenly above the mages in the army.

?!!!

A giant long aura blade extends from my sword.

"ARGHHHHHH!" I yell and pull back my sword. 

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!*

I poured everything into one circular swing killing every mage in that squad with one single energy shockwave. An eruption of sand lifts and swirl into a tornado oasis.

---------------
Killed 10921 goblins

+10921 coins
---------------

A moment later I am seen panting beside the mage back at the fortress, sweating buckets.

"Huff huff huff..." My eyes wide open not believing that I just did.

"Haha..."

To think there would be a day I use that lunatic's strategy.

There was a popular "Elvis Arcane" content creator who comes up with the most dangerous yet effective strategies, an infamous nutjob popular for his shenanigans and memes. He did not clear Elvis Arcane but did make it pretty far being crazy so that's an achievement.

One of his most notorious strategies against a large army is the "hit and run" monstrosity.

I throw another blue pill into my mouth. It replenishes my mana.

"Alright again!" I say.

"No! No no no! I-I cannot!" The mage refuses.

I grab her arm again. "You did great. Trust yourself."

She gulps.

Trembling, the mage nods.

I drop on the goblin mages like an atomic bomb and decimate every section. Afterwards, it becomes a battle of strength. Our mage did her best but many catapults remain. Not to mention, I did not kill every mage, some survived.

The army approaches the first barrier and begins clashing the walls. Our limited firepower is no match for their numbers.

"Huff huff huff..."

Meanwhile, I have used up almost every of my strength and the mage no longer can use any more teleport.

"Melissa, open me a path the moment the barrier breaks."

She nods.

Melissa gathers energy within the musket. The mana around her trembles and her musket vastly glows.

I gaze at the goblin commander. Unlike his fellow kind, he is tall and muscular, like a physique of a human. The commander wears black full armour and wields a giant longsword with a giant white wolf as a mount.

*BAMMM!!*

The moment the barriers break down, the goblins are met with a strong presence. Two twin dragons of blue and red burst out of the musket and zap through the goblins, evaporating everything. Melissa is thrown back by momentum and crashes against the wall.

"ARK?!" 

She coughs a little blood, her white teeth stain red.

The dragons rush towards the commander goblin. The commander raises his sword and swiftly cuts both dragons separating the energy. The sand around him evaporates in a V-shape.

*CHING!*

I suddenly appeared from behind and attempted to assassinate the commander, throwing a thrust to the nape. The commander instantly deflected my attack, sending me sliding back a few feet.

"Huff huff...shit..."

I point my sword at him.

The commander stares at me and jumps down the wolf.

Both of us leap towards one another and our weapons clash.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!*