Hunt

"P-Please spare me, I will tell you everything I know. I was ordered by my superiors and had no choice!" The bishop says.

I take a deep breath to calm myself. "Speak. Where is Joana?"

"The apostle? She is heading for the western gate."

The western gate?

Ever since the mini apocalypse caused by Haren, the West of Rodgof has been closed off to the general public, making it a great place for crime and hideouts. There is a gate at the west that allows entry or exit from Rodgof.

It makes sense that she will head there to escape.

"I assume you don't know her exact path," I say, gripping my sword's handle.

"Wait! I know the approximate and I have more information. Someone is guarding the apostle and I am confident not even you can defeat him." The bishop says. 

...

Heh, look at this bastard. Fortunately, I already know who is escorting Joana but I will play along.

"Is there any guarantee to your words?" 

"Y-Yes, you can kill me if you like, I cannot lie."

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Spare my life and bring me safety."

"Is that so?" I smile. "Then what's that spell you are preparing behind your back."

!!!!!!!!

The bishop quickly throws his hands at me. Red-Black current discharges and zaps through my body, leaving behind a foul black mana remnant.

"Heh...Huff huff...That's a spell that curses the caster and the target. It takes away 1000 years of their lifespan. Unfortunately, I can't let you get to the apostle." The bishop says, showing his true colours. He is planning to go down with me.

But to his surprise, I look perfectly fine, even better when my skin glows brighter.

This triggers a memory within the bishop, he has seen this happened when he was a child.

"Y-You...are a demonic human!!" His jaws drop. The bishop's pale skin starts to twist and dry as if moisture is squeezed out.

--------------
Curse of Life has been applied. Due to the strong affinity with your nature, the Curse of Life has provided nourishment.

Mag +5
--------------

"Let me guess, is Joana planning to travel through Opium City to reach the gate? And her escort should be General Arctius." I say.

The horror in his eyes affirms my answers. "Y-You knew...yet...you...were playing with me...?"

I turn my back and leave.

"Blasphemous...demon..." The bishop says his last words. His emaciated frame rapidly sheds into ashes, leaving behind hunched dusty bones beneath ragged clothing. 

I head back to the road and find Alure drenched in dirt and blood.

She throws her giant sword behind her back. "Arsto. How did it go?"

"...Good."

It doesn't seem like the blood belongs to Alure so I refrained from asking about her condition.

"I now understand why you only brought the both of us. They are too weak."

?

"Yes? What did you think were my intentions?" I ask.