A Devil Within A Saint

Beneath the dark sky, Armin leans on the balcony, admiring the overview of the city with a glass of wine. He takes one big breath.

"I am going to die tonight." He mumbles.

Armin takes one last sip of the wine and places it on the railings.

"Isn't that right?" Armin says.

Rafi appears from the shadows with fists clenched.

"You are a smart person. Why did you do it?" Rafi asks.

"Do what?"

Rafi jumps in front of Armin and grabs him by the neck.

"Ngh..."

"You are a bastard of the royal family. A disgrace and illegitimate. The Order helped your ascension to the throne yet this is how you repay us?!" Rafi exclaims.

"Ack...he...hehehe..."

Rafi loosens his grip and throws Armin to the ground.

"*cough* *cough*...Let's say the grand plans succeed and I hand over the kingdom to the demons. What happens after that? I will simply be thrown away, discarded, killed. What's the difference between dying now and later?" Armin says.

Rafi cannot respond because it's true. He simply stares at Armin grasping his neck.

A smirk widens on Armin's face. "Unfortunately, I won't go down alone-"

A swipe of Rafi's arm tears Armin into two, painting the white balcony red.

...

Armin's remark ponders in Rafi's mind. He is no doubt a disposable pawn, not any less than Armin was.

Birds of the same feather, Rafi understands Armin well. Armin knew he would die at the hands of The Order and he thought he was helpless with nothing for retaliation.

But he saw hope in the rebellion, particularly Arsto.

"An eye for an eye huh..." Rafi mumbles to himself.

=======================================

I approach the castle in Hira with a suspicious carriage and show the guards the golden pendant.

They immediately bow without questioning and let me through, unaware of the forthcoming disaster.

I park the carriage at the back of the castle and ask servants to help me transport the supplies, saying that Armin wanted all of these.

In the storage room, after the servants left, I open the large crate. The creature is holed up in there.

"Wait here for a while alright? Although, I don't really mind if you leave the storage room to kill some people. After all, it's your nature."

The creature couldn't even hear me. It was salivating at the smell of thousands of prey in the vicinity.

I close and crate and head to Armin's office.

Without prior warning, I barge into his office.

*BAM!*

?!

"Arsto?" a man that looks like Armin exclaims.

Oh? What magnificent acting!

"Why the sudden visit? Did you complete what I tasked?" the fake Armin asks.

When I stare at the fake Armin, a panel pops up, revealing the culprit behind that mask.

----------------
Rafi Lucas
Strength: Disguise, Infiltration, Agility
Weakness: ????
Status: Calm, Confused
Tribe: Human