chapter 38 ~ week

"You both are sweet kids and deserve each other. Don't give up on her, I want to be on the first row at your wedding." Haru smiled, patting Dabi's hand.

"Thank you Haru." Dabi smiled walking back to the house.

"What took you so long?" Y/n asked from the kitchen while heating up the meal.

"We were talking." Dabi got up to her and leaned towards the fridge.

"What?" She asked, annoyed.

"How many meals have you skipped in the last month?" His eyebrows were frowned in a worried look.

"Some, but it's not important. I had to do stuff." She walked towards the table with the food.

"What stuff?" He poured it on the plates.

"Nothing you have to know." She sighed.

"I think I do." He sat down.

"Why?" Her tone got angry.

"Because I love you and care about you." He stared at her straight in the eyes.

There were a few minutes of silence.

"I'm training my quirk." Y/n spoke almost whispering.

"Why?" He asked looking back up at her.

"You will see." She sighed without looking at him.

"I don't want to wait, tell me now." His tone was weirdly calm.

"I don't want to." She started playing with the food on her plate.

"Please Y/n." He sighed.

"I'm going to sleep, I'm tired." She got up leaving her food intact on the table.

The next morning Y/n woke up, did almost no breakfast, on the table new fresh flowers, and went to work, Dabi stayed home.

"I'm back." Y/n yelled, closing the front door before taking her shoes off.

After receiving no answer she sighed loudly, she knew he was going to leave before the three day mark, and threw her stuff on the floor, after feeding Ash and Daisy she immediately went to bed.

She woke up in the middle of the night and went to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

"Is everything ok Y/n?" Dabi asked.

"For god sake stop scaring me. What are you doing here? Didn't you leave?" Y/n said still half asleep.

"No I didn't." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Then where were you?" She looked at his comfy pajamas.

"I went to take my clothes from my old place. When I returned you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you up." He explained.

There was a minute of silence.

"Want to watch a film?" Dabi finally proposed.

"Fine." Y/n sighed.

They started watching a film but Y/n immediately began to feel sleepy. She fought the feeling for a good 15 minutes before completely giving in and falling on Dabi's shoulder. He laid down, fixing her body on top of his, finally hugging her. His long and thin fingers started playing with her hair as his heart started beating like crazy. For how much he wanted to spend the night with her in his arms, he knew that she wasn't going to be happy the next morning.

Once the movie ended, Dabi picked her up, got up the stairs and laid her in her large bed, he looked at her tired face for a while then stamped a soft kiss on her cheek telling her how much he loved her. Before leaving he noticed the only white wall in the room.

The night ended and the day after played the same way except for dinner.

"Stop packing me lunch." Y/n said sit at the table.

"I'm ok with doing it, thanks for worrying tho." Dabi smirked at her.

"You're a dick." She sighed.

"Love you too." He smiled fakely.

"Stop saying you love me." She rolled her eyes.

"Is there something I can do or is everything prohibited? I love you so I'm going to tell you." He looked up at her.

"Don't expect it back." Her voice was stone cold, the way she acted was making Dabi worry.

That night they didn't spend it together.

Next day the same thing: fresh flowers at breakfast, work and lunch packed by Dabi, dinner with a stupid argument, going to sleep alone. Even the day after and the one right after that one.

It was the last day, Y/n was home from work.

That morning there were no fresh flowers.

"Where are the flowers?" Y/n asked while having breakfast.

"You never acknowledged them so I thought I would not get them today." Dabi looked up at the empty vase.

"I liked them." She replied.

After lunch, which was awkwardly quiet as usual, Y/n went outside and sat on the deck floor, to find Dabi playing fetch with Daisy. Ash started purring, rubbing his body along Y/n's arm and receiving chin scratches.

"I still love him, Ash. What can I do?" She asked quietly of course not receiving an answer from the kitten.

She got up picking the small animal in her arms and walked up to them.

"Enjoying yourselves?" Y/n chuckled looking down at Dabi on his knees playing with the dog.

"Oh you were looking." Dabi scratched his neck awkwardly.

"How can I not look at a 30 year old man with half of his body covered in scars, on his knees, trying to hide a ball from a dog?" She laughed.

"Don't laugh at me when you're the one that every time your cat stretches you stretch too, to not talk about the nose scrunch." He looked up at her with a challenging look.

"I do not do that!" She put Ash down.

She was blocked from getting up by Dabi, who grabbed her shoulders and gently pushed her on the ground.

He started tickling her and Daisy, hearing laughter, got excited and started licking her face.

"Stop it!" She yelled out of breath.

They looked at each other for a second: they weren't going to be with each other ever again.

"I'm gonna get a glass of water." Y/n got up fixing her clothes and leaving Dabi to watch her leave.

"I tried Daisy, but I failed." He sighed while talking to the dog, something he did a lot of times in that week especially to express how much he cared, loved and cherished her while he cooked.

"That's it. Thank you for letting me stay here." Dabi sighed.

"No problem." Y/n esited.

"Goodbye Daisy." He patted her head, getting a yelp back.

"Goodbye Y/n." He looked at her in the eyes, just a few centimeters between them.

"Goodbye Dabi." She kept her cold gaze.

He closed the door behind himself, getting away forever.