chapter 37 ~ Haru

Y/n woke up in her locked bedroom, she went downstairs with only her tiny shirt with thin straps and underwear. She got down in the kitchen half asleep and started getting a cup out of her cupboard.

"Good morning doll." Dabi growled with a smirk, looking at her ass, just behind her with his morning voice.

She got startled and fell down from the scare.

"Fuck you." She yelled getting back up.

"I already made breakfast, come here." He laughed, picking her up and throwing her on his shoulder.

"Put me down Dabi." She ordered hitting his back, which he ignored until he sat her down on the chair.

The table was arranged with two cups of cappuccino and three croissants on a plate, in the middle there was a vase with fresh flowers in it.

"Where did you get all this stuff?" Y/n asked.

"I used the money in the Tampax pox in the bathroom." He sat down.

"How did you find them? I was saving that money!" She got annoyed.

"I have to remind you that we were together for more than three years. Also don't worry, the flowers were free." He sighed.

"You stole them?!" She was somewhat surprised.

"Of course I did." He rolled his eyes, sipping on the hot beverage.

They finished breakfast and Y/n started getting ready for work. When she got down she found Dabi in the garden playing catch with Daisy.

"I have to go." She yelled out to him.

"Coming." He got back inside.

"She usually attacks mens." Y/n smiled softly.

"Lucky thing she doesn't hate me. Kiss before work?" Dabi grabbed her waist getting her near but he got rejected.

"You have to clean but don't go in my room." She got to the door and slid her shoes on.

"Ok fine." He sighed.

She left.

The day at work was frustrating and when she came back home she completely lost it.

"What the fuck happened here?" Her eyes were wide looking at the wet floor.

"I gave your pets a bath but the kitten got scared and ran away still soaked." Dabi was still in the corner with Daisy at his side.

"His name is Ash. And the last time I checked he was a cat, you know, not the most water-loving animal." She sighed, putting her purse down.

She went into the kitchen and searched under the wooden furniture. The scared kitten was shivering, still dripping.

"Give me a towel." Y/n reached her hand back talking to Dabi.

As she got what she asked for, she carefully picked up the afraid animal and wrapped him in the towel. She looked down at him with a loving gaze ruffling up his fur.

Dabi stared at her and his heart felt joy until he remembered that they weren't together anymore.

"Can you please make less disasters?" Y/n asked him angrily.

"I'm trying but it's not easy doing stuff for your ex." He rolled his eyes.

"Don't start with this, you were the one who came to bother me in my house." She started yelling.

"You were the only one I knew I could trust of course I went to you." His eyebrows frowned.

"Well I don't trust you, and you should have thought about it." Her words caused Dabi to feel like a burden.

As they were yelling someone knocked at the door, making them stop suddenly.

Y/n went to open and found an old lady at the door.

"Good evening Haru, is everything ok?" Y/n asked, looking at her sweet neighbor.

"I'm fine dear, I just wanted to check if everything was ok, it's the second day I hear yelling and I was worried about you." The old lady spoke in her soft tone.

"Oh, I'm sorry if we bothered you. Everything is fine, just a little misunderstanding between me and-" She got interrupted.

"Is that your boyfriend sweety? You didn't tell me." She chuckled looking at Dabi standing right behind Y/n.

"He isn't my boyfriend, he's my ex." She sighed, helping her inside.

"Dabi, pack a bowl with what you prepared for dinner and then help her home, I'm gonna clean your mess." Y/n ordered.

"Don't bother dear, it's ok." She smiled at the young girl.

"I insist, at least since I made you worry." She said not to receive a negative answer.

After that Dabi left to pack the food and Haru spoke again.

"You still love him." She spoke out.

"No I don't. He's my ex." Y/n defended herself.

"It wasn't a question. You look at him just like I looked at my husband." She smiled at Dabi returning to the room with them.

Dabi and Haru left the house.

"Thank you dear." The lady grabbed his arm.

"No problem at all." He sighed.

"You two remind me so much of my husband and I when we were young." She chuckled.

"If he is your husband, I doubt you ever broke up." His tone sounded sad.

"Oh no, before our wedding we broke up two times because he was a criminal." Haru talked slowly, remembering those old times.

"I hurted her physically." He sighed again.

"I bet she already forgave you for that. She is mad at you because you choose being afraid over her." She searched for her keys.

"You both are sweet kids and deserve each other. Don't give up on her, I want to be on the first row at your wedding." Haru smiled, patting Dabi's hand.

"Thank you Haru." Dabi smiled weakly walking back to the house.