Strawberry

Prompt: Jungkook visits the new ice cream parlour and his lack of swag around the ice cream guy is truly embarrassing.

***********

Jungkook's legs were aching from his afternoon of hardcore practicing rugby. His university team had finally worked hard to become good at the sport and had somehow managed to get to the regional semi-finals. And that was huge, considering the fact that last year they were one of the first teams to be eliminated.

Jungkook had become the team captain this year and was determined to push all the team members to the best of their abilities. They were all capable, but needed a push up the backside to work harder. And so, today, Jungkook had worked them until they felt like collapsing. 

Big, muscly men, almost begging to have a break, telling Jungkook that they were going to die. Maybe Jungkook enjoyed seeing them like that in front of him, or maybe he just had an incredibly competitive side that he was finally letting wild. Maybe it was because of both that he was doing this. 

And so, he had decided to let them rest after six full hours of non-stop rugby practice. They all thanked him as if their lives depended on it and he left knowing that the session had been a benefit to the whole team.

Jimin, his team mate, had asked if he wanted to join them down the local bar, but Jungkook had rejected his offer. What he really wanted right now was a sugary snack.

So he went to the local ice cream parlour that had opened up only a few weeks ago. The outside was painted a bright blue and pink, the furniture was dainty and frilly, and everything looked clean. It was the kind of place that couples should go on dates to, but somehow the customers were all students from the university, busy tapping away at their laptops as they ate their scoops of ice cream.

Jungkook walked up to the counter. It was a Monday afternoon and so it wasn't too busy. It was actually rather quiet, and there was no one behind the counter.

Jungkook pressed the bell on the counter to call for whoever worked there. And barely two seconds later, a man came out from the back door.

He didn't realise it himself, but Jungkook's mouth was hanging open widely. He was staring at the man in a trance, his mind racing with thoughts about that man's appearance. His sharp jaw looked so strong next to his soft cheeks and hair. 

His hair was a very bright strawberry pink, and his hair was pushed back from his forehead, which Jungkook noted was perfect and clear and dewy looking. The man's eyes were wide and deep-set, and his lips were almost square. His face looked so exotically beautiful and Jungkook's mind and body were no longer connected.

"Can I help?" The man in front of him had been waving his hands, trying to get Jungkook's attention. He suddenly stood up straight and closed his mouth and took a deep breath.

"Yes." Jungkook said perhaps a little too loudly. "Ice cream." He said simply, his cognition failing him.

"Okay." The man smiled and Jungkook could feel his knees going weak. Was that from the exercise or from the lack of oxygen in his brain right now? "What kind?" The man asked.

"Str-Strawberry. No. Mint. Um. Mint and Strawberry please. And Vanilla." Jungkook's face was heating up and he could feel sweat beginning to form on his forehead. This was so embarrassing. 

Why did that man have to have such a square smile and soft cheeks and pink hair and why did he look simultaneously as manly as a bulldog and as pretty as a princess and why-

"Sure. Eat in?" The man interrupted Jungkook's thought process.

"Yeah." He sighed the word, barely making a sound.