Rebels

Prompt: "You're my sibling's best friend and I absolutely hate you but pretend to be my boyfriend to piss off my family."

************

He was here...

Again.

Taehyung's eyes narrowed and bored into the ravenette currently sitting on their couch and chuckling at something his brother was saying.

Oh please, Seokjin isn't even funny.

Taehyung continued staring down the delinquent lounging in their house. He took note of the various piercings littering the other's ears and the overwhelming amount of black he constantly wore before his attention shifted back to the other's handsome stupid face.

Actually... he's kind of attractive... Taehyung stiffened and his eyes widened at his own thought before he immediately dismissed it and went back to glaring at the intruder.

He started and his eyes widened when he saw that the other was staring back at him, but quickly recovered and glared. The other smirked at him and winked at him before turning back to Seokjin.

Fucking Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung couldn't exactly tell why he hated the other so much.

Perhaps it was because the two were such polar opposites.

Jungkook was the stereotypical delinquent. It seemed as though each week the other strolled into school (late) with yet another piercing or tattoo proudly adorning his (impressive) physique. He was never one to take his studies seriously and had no trouble speaking his mind – which would explain the vast amount of fights he'd gotten into. And of course, he was notorious for being quite the player, leaving a trail of broken hearts wherever he went.

Taehyung on the other hand, was the child every parent wished they had. As cliché as it sounded, he loved school, and loved learning. He had never once gotten a "bad" grade and teachers always loved him as he was super involved not only in class but extracurricular activities as well. And as cheesy as it seemed, Taehyung believed in the idea of true love and preserving himself for someone he knew was worth it.

So yeah, maybe it was pretty natural for Taehyung and Jungkook to constantly be at each other's throats. And it certainly didn't help that Taehyung's older brother Seokjin had decided to take Jungkook under his wing because "he's just misunderstood Taetae!"

Like fuck he was! Taehyung thought.

Not a day went by wherein Jungkook didn't attempt to make advances towards Taehyung. At first it had started off as a joke. Jungkook had found Taehyung cute and tried to tease him.

Taehyung, not knowing any better at the time, got quite flustered and blushed madly but rejected the other nonetheless.

Jungkook, not used to being rejected, found Taehyung intriguing, and decided he wanted to get to find out more about the other; and Seokjin had only made it that much easier when he approached Jungkook with the intention of "fixing" him. The ravenette chuckled at how naïve Seokjin was, but went along with it nonetheless.

And now here they were.

Jungkook had become Seokjin's best friend.

And Taehyung couldn't stand it.

Lost in his train of thought, Taehyung hadn't realized Seokjin had retreated to the bathroom until he heard a throat clear and looked up to see Jungkook standing right in front of him – his face a few inches too close to his to be comfortable.