Once Upon A Euphoria

Prompt: "Promise me that you'll love me like this forever."

************

Jungkook welcomes the slow warmth that creeps into his stomach as he watches the sunlight bathing Taehyung's face with a warm glow, the way his eyebrows furrow into a small frown due to the light burning his eyelids. He traces the shadows of the male's eyelashes on Taehyung's soft cheek, finger going lower to touch the slope of Taehyung's nose.

Taehyung's face quivers a bit at the disruption but continue to sleep nonetheless. Jungkook dips down and places a chaste peck on Taehyung's plump lips, still swollen from his kisses last night before pushing himself off the bed for work.

Their married life had been a bless, who would have thought the small sacrifice that he made by giving Taehyung his coat during a cold winter day few years ago had lead them this far. Honestly if someone were to tell him that they will be married to each other, he would snort into that person's face because he didn't believe in love and romance, anything of that sort.

It was Taehyung who brought the realization that he wanted someone in his life, to accompany him with his every steps, to wake up with him every morning and to spend every night cuddling with each other after a long tiring day.

He sorts of remember the day when he was still a third year student, stumbling out of a convenience store during a snowy day after buying his supply of ramen and hot chocolate and accidentally crashed into a tall, blonde male.

He was petrified when he saw the male fell and then laying still on the snowy sideways, his lips were blue and ghostly pale. Jungkook quickly removed his thick coat, hissing in discomfort when the winter wind hit his body. Luckily he wore his varsity sweater inside the coat, the cold was more bearable.

But the boy, he was only clad in thin turtleneck, the layer of clothing failed to provide insulation for his body. He dragged the male inside the warm convenience store, asking the cashier for some hot packs and warm water. The cashier boy rushed to get the requested things after seeing the limp male in Jungkook's arm.

He warmed the male up with bundles of hot packs on his chest, torso and back together with the spare blanket that the cashier used whenever he's sleeping at the store. The male woke up with a stutter after a touch of warm hot packs on each of his cheeks.

Later that evening, Jungkook learnt that the male's name is Taehyung and he was on his way back from a casting to be an actor. He failed that and was too deep in his thought until he forgot to take his coat and disregarded it as fine because it's not too far.

Jungkook sighs as he snaps out of his reverie, the reminder that Taehyung is reckless makes him worry for the male. His husband. What if something like that happens again and there's no one to keep Taehyung warm this time? And Taehyung always shrug it off and tell him that he won't have to worry if there's Jungkook.

He finishes quickly, rinsing the suds off his body and wraps a towel around his waist, making his way into the room only to see that Taehyung is still curled into a ball on their bed. He struts to the wardrobe and pulls out the shirt and tie that Taehyung had prepared the night before, getting ready and goes to kiss Taehyung's forehead after he's done putting his perfume.

Taehyung seems to wake up at that, his frail arms goes to curl around Jungkook's neck and pulls the male closer to him, puckering his lips with his eyes still closed. Jungkook chuckles and leans down to peck Taehyung's lips despite having the difficulty to tie his necktie in that position.

"Do you want breakfast? I can whip up something real quick for you," Taehyung's deep yet soft voice whispers as soon as Jungkook removes his arms.

"Nah, I'll be okay. You should take a rest, your schedule was crazy these past few days. Call me if you need anything," Jungkook speaks, tidying the blanket around Taehyung's waist and forces the latter back on the bed when he tries to sit up.