Or So He Thought

Prompt: Namjoon, being the head of his department, was asked to start reviewing the interns for the selection of one of them for a permanent position. This task is really easy. It really is.

************

Namjoon has a problem.

It's been seven months, two weeks and four days since the new batch of interns found their way to their department. All of them looked young, hardworking and passionate. The interns and his co-workers obviously had fun in the past months but those fun times, have finally reached its end.

Namjoon, being the head of his department, was asked to start reviewing the interns for the selection of one of them for a permanent position.

This task is really easy. It really is.

Or so he thought.

***

Jeon Jungkook, 19, is one of the interns he was supposed to pick from. He is young, and a genius that is. He was in an advanced class in his school days and graduated early. It would be practical for Namjoon to pick him as he could be that "golden employee" that could be the cause of their small company's success. He's got the traits of the ideal man that the company needs.

But, unfortunately, he's got an extra trait.

Jeon Jungkook, the prodigy, likes to flex. A lot. He flexes when he gathers his things before and after work. He flexes while making coffee. He flexes while pushing the buttons on the elevator. He flexes while opening the door. He fucking flexes while using a goddamn broken photocopier.

It doesn't usually bother the other workers, but when he feels a little more confident about his body, he flexes on every moment he can. This causes in accidental smacking or punching of his co-workers. Which is, not a good thing, because, well have you seen those biceps? Scary.

So Namjoon puts Jungkook aside, not completely eliminating him from his mental list.

--

Kim Taehyung, 21, is another intern from his department. He has credentials very similar to Jungkook's except that he never graduated early; he also vomits sunshine and rainbows, reeks of positivity and is a living inspirational quotes twitter bot. 

This boosts the workers morale and increases their happiness, which leads to the improved performance compared to the months they haven't been working with the young man. He was another prodigy that their small company luckily found, and the other intern Namjoon is considering.

Unfortunately, he vomits too much sunshine and rainbows.

Kim Taehyung never arrives on time, or early. He always arrives late, 20-40 minutes after he was supposed to. At first, he was disappointed at his actions but, a week after his internship; he found out that the boy greets the all employees on the floors below them with lots of inspirational quotes in the morning (that claimed to help the employees to secure a deal which is good). And they're on the fourth floor. Like seriously. Hands up to him and positivity.

So he also puts Taehyung aside, for future reviewing.

They're just two interns out of fifteen, they don't make a lot of difference do they?

***

It's been nine months, three weeks and a day. Namjoon, the department's head, has six days left to decide who the lucky intern is chosen for the permanent position.

Which was surprisingly, not an easy feat, as he found out that the rest of the interns are pretty useless without their pillars also known as Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung that leaded them on every task they were asked to do.