Summer Nights

Prompt: It's over 30ºC in the night and Taehyung still wants to cuddle. Jeongguk does not.

************

"Geez, Tae, stop!" Jeongguk pulled away from his grip and averted his gaze from Taehyung, who was now giving him his infamous pout and puppy eyes. Not this time, Satan. "It's 30ºC and you want to cuddle?!"

Taehyung flopped next to Jeongguk, face on the pillow and looking defeated. The younger heard him mumbling something, clearly displeased at his behaviour. Jeongguk almost rolled his eyes but rolled to his side instead, now facing Taehyung.

"Taehyung." A mumble. "Don't be mad." Another irritated mumble. "Come on!" Jeongguk was the one pouting this time. Taehyung kept mumbling grumpily. "Tae, you have to understand, I'm not even with a shirt on and the sheets are sticking onto my skin and it's gross and it's going to get worse if you just play koala on me." He tried to reach out to touch Taehyung's hair but the older smacked his hand away. Taehyung hugged the pillow to his chest and gave Jeongguk what he thought it would look like an threatening scowl. The younger raised an eyebrow, that look wouldn't even scare his bunny slippers -they were a present from Taehyung, alright?-.

"Nuh, uh." Taehyung said, waving his index finger from left to right. "You didn't want to cuddle, now you don't get to touch." He shifted on the bed, turning his back on Jeongguk and still hugging the pillow. "I'm mad." He sentenced with a huff.

Jeongguk spent a few seconds staring at his boyfriend's back, a small amused grin on his face. Then, as there was no other reaction from him, Jeongguk lied on his back and closed his eyes, hoping to catch a wink of sleep in the unbearable heat of the night.

A minute had barely passed when Jeongguk felt the ruffling of the sheets next to him. He could almost sense the offended look Taehyung was giving him for not paying attention to him but Jeongguk brought himself to keep his eyes closed, even with the betraying grin on his lips. One moment he was peacefully lying on the bed and the next Taehyung had dumped all of his body weight on him.

"God, Taehyung, you fat ass!" He groaned, the older giggling on him. Jeongguk tried to break free from Taehyung's grip, but he had already secured his arms and legs around him. Sometimes Jeongguk believed he was dating an octopus rather than a human being. He groaned in defeat once again. "Tae, please, get off me."

"But I don't want to." He mumbled against his neck, breath tickling. Jeongguk hummed in discontent as an idea formed in his head. He put his arms around Taehyung and started rocking them both from softly. He leaned in to Taehyung's ear and the older stiffed in his hold, not sure of what to expect.

"Baby." He whispered, his voice raspy with the lack of sleep. Taehyung whined, practically melting in his embrace. "Please. I'm not going to be able to sleep like this." The older hesitantly pulled away to look at Jeongguk, fingers tapping on his shoulders.

"But-"

"Babe." Jeongguk cut him off before he could continue, placing a fleeting kiss on his nose, right on his mole. Taehyung pressed his lips into a thin line. "Pretty please." They both stared at each other's eyes for a few tense seconds but it was Taehyung the one who teared his gaze apart first, getting off Jeongguk.

"This is low even for you." Taehyung said as Jeongguk grinned in victory. He mumbled a 'sorry' but he didn't look sorry at all. The older patted the space between them. "Give me your hand at least."

"What for?" Jeongguk asked as he held his hand for Taehyung to hold. He intertwined their fingers together and lied on his side, looking content enough.

"Because I like to actually feel that you're close to me." He said closing his eyes, and giving their hands a quick squeeze. Jeongguk smiled and brought their hands to his lips to kiss their knuckles. Taehyung chuckled.

"That's cheesy." The younger answered looking down, as if embarrased. Taehyung let out a proper laugh this time.

"Says the one kissing our hands." Jeongguk scoffed at him and it only made Taehyung's smile go wider. "You won't say that this" he held their hands up "is cheesy if you suddenly sleepwalk and try to jump out of a window or something." Jeongguk gave him an almost scandalized look. "What! I saw it in a movie and you have really weird sleeping habits, it could happen!"

"You're crazy." Jeongguk decided to close his eyes, praying for this time to be the one when he actually falls asleep.

"I won't be crazy anymore the day I save you from unconcious suicide." He felt Taehyung moving a bit closer to him. "Remember my words."

"Yes, of course, my prince, my saviour." He said only half joking. Taehyung giggled once again and settled in silence. The night was dark and there wasn't even breeze coming from the open window to help fighting the heat. Still, Jeongguk hadn't ever found it hard to fall asleep under the weirdest circumstances so he was about to drift away in slumber when-

"Jeongguk."

"What." He didn't even bother to open his eyes. His voice was truly raspy from the lack of sleep this time.

"Do you think we could have some shower sex tomorrow?" At this he actually opened his eyes and stared at Taehyung, who was looking at him as if he was only asking for the time. "You know, because you despise this getting-sticky-because-of-sweat thing and with water you wouldn't have to suffer from that, even though I think it's actually quite hot when you get all covered in sweat from fucki-"

"Okay!" Jeongguk cut him off before he could continue. Taehyung just stared at him with a shit-eating grin. "Alright, we can have shower sex tomorrow, yeah, whatever." He felt the tips of his ears getting red.

"You're the best." Taehyung leaned it to press his lips against his forehead in a quick kiss. "You know, I find it really cute how bothered you get when I talk about sex, specially considering all those kinks you have-"

"Goodnight, Taehyung!"

************