A Rotten Day

Prompt: Jeon Jungkook is having a rotten day. He is snappy and irritable and the god damn sneezing is not helping one bit. Only one person can make this horrible day turn into something a little better. And that person is Kim Taehyung.

************

Jungkook is already having a rotten day.

He got three hours of sleep last night and then slept through his alarm, causing Namjoon to lecture him on the importance of sleep and getting ready on time. 

Then on the car ride to the studio (after skipping breakfast because he was in such a hurry) he was stuck sitting between Jimin and Hoseok, who were having a heated debate about whether or not a hotdog is a sandwich (Hoseok had eventually been swayed into admitting that it is). He began to get the beginnings of a headache during dance practice, and had continuously flubbed his parts.

Needless to say, now Jungkook is snappy and irritable and the goddamn sneezing isn't helping.

It started earlier while practicing his dance part with Taehyung for their new song, and now by the time his vocal lesson is about to start, Jungkook can barely say a sentence without sneezing in the middle.

When he steps into the room his coach takes one look at him and raises an eyebrow.

"Jungkook are you sick? I know how you like to overwork yourself, but trying to practice while sick will not do you any good."

"I'm not sick, I just- Achoo!- I'm just s-sneezing."

"Jungkook, no offense but you look horrible. Go home and rest. You're fine taking one day off. God knows you boys need more rest days."

"Really, I'm fine. I sw- I s- Achoo!"

"You can't sing while sneezing every two seconds. Go take some medicine, and we can continue tomorrow if you're feeling better."

Jungkook tries to respond but ends up just sneezing again, this time twice in a row.

He huffs, defeated.

"F-fine. I'll go."

He stomps out of the room and slams the door behind him, punctuating the outburst with yet another sneeze.

"God damnit why do I keep sneezing?! I'm not sick! I can't be sick!"

But maybe he is sick. After all, why else would he keep sneezing, and his nose be running? It's not allergy season yet, so there's no other possible explanation.

Jungkook sighs, resigned to his fate of being sick apparently. Ugh.

He knows Tae was planning on practicing choreo till Jungkook finished his lesson, so he's surprised when he spots him walking down the hall towards Jungkook.

When Taehyung notices him his eyes widen, and he blushes for some reason. Why is he blushing? Maybe he's getting sick too?

"H-hey Tae what are you d- Achoo!- doing? Weren't you gonna keep practicing?"

"I-I was! I was just, uh, going to the bathroom! Yeah! But um, why aren't you in your lesson Kookie? Did something happen?"

Jungkook raises an eyebrow at his friend's stuttering response. Or he tries to, but his face instead contorts into a grimace as he sneezes again. Why won't it just stop?

"Yeah, coach kicked me out saying I was sick and needed rest cause I kept sneezing. Which is totally stupid cause I am not sick. ACHOO!"

Taehyung giggles at his dongsaeng's little pout (which is absolutely adorable).