• Ten •

010

"We just lit a bus on fire"

•°•°

Rhea was good at many things, but packing was not one of them. She huffed as she pressed everything together, desperately trying to fit everything inside the bag. The girl rolled her eyes as her siblings chuckled at her lack of skill, saying things along the lines of, "I think you have space for one more sweater, don't you think?" or "Damn, you look like a daughter of Aphrodite packing her makeup", which resulted in her throwing a shoe their way. Despite how many objects she threw, they would still laugh, the only ones helping her pack being Lee and Jenna, who pulled her aside so they could fix her mess.

"Okay," started Jenna, "so you'll need clothes, food, money, toiletries, ambrosia and nectar. Jake and Lee, you get the food, Kayla, you go get toiletries, okay? Will, go with Jake and Lee, will you?"

When nobody moved, Lee stood up and waved his arms around, "What are you waiting for, people? Our dear sister has a quest, we have to get her ready. Move!"

This seemed to wake them from their daze, as Jake and Will followed Lee out of the cabin as Kayla approached Rhea and muttered so only she could hear, "Do I get you a pad too? Just in case."

Rhea blinked a couple of times before answering, "Urm, yeah, sure. Thanks."

"Course." she replied with a smile before leaving the Cabin.

"So," said Michael, "you ready for it?"

"I would say 'I was born ready' but I most certainly wasn't, so, I guess?"

"That's a great answer." he said sarcastically.

"Thanks." she stared back.

Jenna looked between the siblings as they refused to break eye contact, "Are you... wait- are you seriously having a staring contest right now?"

Without missing a beat, both responded, "No. Your dad-"

"I swear on the Stynx that if you say 'Your dad is' I will hit you both."

Once she saw that her threat had no effect on them whatsoever, she slapped them on the back of their heads, making them break eye contact and whine.

"Why would you do that? I was winning." muttered Michael.

"Liar." replied Rhea in the same tone.

"Enough." declared Jenna, who pressed her hands on Rhea's almost finished bag, "Michael, take Rhea's scimitars and go sharpen them, will you?"

The boy frowned, "Why?"

"I sharpened them yesturday." reminded the caramel-haired girl.

The older girl huffed as she rolled her eyes, "Yeah well, sharpen them again."

Michael looked at Rhea with a frown, not having the courage to speak his thoughts in front of Jenna, who looked like she would throw another shoe at him if he said anything. Rhea just shrugged and handed him her scimitars reluctantly. The boy sighed as he stood and left the cabin with heavy footsteps.

After a second of silence, Jenna spoke, "So, you know what the Mist is, right?"

Rhea frowned, "Of course I know. It's the veil that hides magic from the mortal's eyes."

Jenna nodded, "Yes, exactly. So you know that demigods can learn to manipulate that veil, right?"

"Yes?" the young girl replied unsurely, not knowing where the conversation was going.