Existential crisis

Armin, almost out of breath, ran towards Eren's house. Mikasa was headed the same way to borrow some of Eren's weights.

Armin, who now was out of breath, kept banging on Eren's front door.

Mikasa saw the hysteria and walked right up to Armin "Uhm.. You okay?"
"Ah Mikasa!" Armin screamed. Before Mikasa could question the scared Armin any further, Eren opened the door. "Dude what the fuck, my parents are visiting and you're scaring my mom. What is your problem?"
Armin stepped right into Eren's house with his laptop. "You guys have to freaking see this"

Armin fumbled with his laptop, trying to open the screen and present them with an explanation.

"Attack on titan huh? I've heard it's supposed to be good" Eren scratched his head.
"Really? I've heard it should be overrated" Mikasa chimed in.

"You have to look closer! Read the manga, watch the first episode. These people are us!!" The intensity in Armin's eyes grew.

Armin opened another tab and turned the page on a manga website, "look at all the characters and their names. Eren, Mikasa, it even got Historia and her nickname is Krista. It's so freaky. Ymir is here, Hange, Levi, Reiner.."
"Sasha and Connie.." Mikasa slowly came to the realization of Armin's shock.
"Haha, they even made Sasha a foodie here" Eren said and pointed.

Armin closed the laptop.
"Eren this is so weird! This cannot be a coincidence! What are the chances? They even look like us!"
However, it did not seem like Eren heard a word of what Armin said. "I'm a really angry kid huh?"
"Eren this is serious!" Armin shook Eren.

"Armin, did you tell the rest about this?" Mikasa asked.
"No, not yet. I just saw it and went straight to you guys"
"I think we should text the rest" Mikasa was about to inform her friends in their group chat but suddenly got a call from Hange.

Mikasa picked up the call and she was met with an overly excited voice "OOOHHH MYYY GAAAWWDDD" Yep.. that was Hange.

"I think they know" Mikasa whispered to Eren and Armin.

"Mikasa!!! Are you with Armin and Eren? AAHH I CAN'T BREATHE"
"Yes I'm with them. Breathe normally."
"IT IS SIMPLY NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE. HOW DID THEY KNOW THAT LEVI IS A CLEAN FREAK. I'M DYING. I'M GONNA *COUGHS LOUDLY*"

While Mikasa was on the phone with Hange, Eren and Armin kept getting messages on their phones. "It's the group chat," Armin said.

Ymir: wtf is this. Stupid show. I hate this show, it can go to hell.
Historia: Hun, calm down.
Ymir: Babe, it's homophobic that they separated us.
Sasha: THIS IS EPIIICCC
Connie: We are famous bitcheeeesss
Sasha: YAAAASSS
Levi: I don't look THAT serious all the time.
Reiner: Wow my titan is cool.
Hange: Hey hey no spoilers okay! Don't binge everything in one go.
Sasha: We should do a movie night with snacks!
Connie: Hell yeah! At Historia's big ass house.
Ymir: NO
Historia: I would love to host an anime marathon.
Sasha: Yass !! Jean is offline but he will join us too.
Connie: Alright!!! Let's do it!
Annie: I'll come
Historia: Everyone free tomorrow? Let's start early so we can watch a whole lot.

"Hange, I'm hanging up. Just text me in the group chat." Mikasa hung up and looked back at Armin and Eren.
"Let's watch everything with them and see what it's all about"
"I'm with you Mikasa. It sounds fun. What do you say Armin?" Eren said.

The two looked at Armin with anticipation. Armin gulped.

"Yes.. let's check it out" Armin finally agreed.

And so it was planned. It was time to do the ultimate Attack on Titan binge. Armin, Mikasa, and Eren met up and took the bus together to Historia's place. Eren was excited. Mikasa might not have looked excited on the outside, but she was brimming with curiosity on the inside. The only one having a repeated existential crisis was Armin.