CHAPTER NINE

"Do you want something to eat?" Sam asked Yenzo and Adachi as he realized they even didn't give them time to rest after many hours of trip. 

"No, thanks. We already have it" simple answer by Adachi.

"How is she?" Yenzo asked after a while.

All of them looked at Yenzo simultaneously.

"She was and is in a deep slumber like a baby" Saint answered his brother in law in a calm voice.

"You want to meet her? Let's go upstairs together" John stood and ready to move.

All of them moved and entered the elevator to go upstairs. Lifted up to their sister's room.

Once the elevator reached the respective floor all of them exited and walked towards the patient in the room while Yenzo freezed in there for a while composing and gathering his strength and guts to make sure he's ready to meet his beloved one. His life, his soul, his happiness, his heaven and hell, his everything. Maria Ann Diana, his wife.

Slowly he walked towards the patient holding and enduring his sadness inside to make sure no tears leaking from his hazel eyes as the incident on that night came and forth in his mind.

As he reached the bed, gently he caressed his wife hands passing the scars on her pulse and moving to her cheek. Whispering for a forgiveness between the tears dropped on his wife torso and sobbing sound. The silent moment now turned into gloomy situation. The rest of them also can't handle and hold their emotion by looking at their brother in law condition. It's too hurt to see. 

After a moment, John brought Yenzo to sit on the couch and offered him a cup of chamomile tea to calm down his emotion and soothed his burden inside. 

"Dude, we need to do something. We need to fight back and strike for the justice. For Maria" John opened his mouth started the conversation with Yenzo. 

He don't want Yenzo engulfed in broken heart for long. He want to bring back the enthusiasm, eccentric, arrogant and proud Yenzo, 

"This is a report regarding Maria's condition by our doctor" Saint passed him the report.

As he completed the reading he passed it to Adachi to read and analyst.

"The doctor asked me to discuss about Maria once all of us gather" Saint added.

As he heard Saint words, he looked at Saint's eyes directly.

"What it is?" his voice sound a bit trembling. 

"The doctor expected the conscious Maria soon would be a different Maria" Saint sighed.

"Those because of the terrible experienced which lead to PTSD and a number of suicide attempted" Saint continued.

"Sui...suicide? Maria?" he can't believed it.

Saint nodded and he also reconfirmed it with the private investigator hired by them too. There were no words came out from one of them as they really shocked with the news told by Saint. 

Yenzo still cannot brained the information passed by Saint. Suicide? Maria? Years living with Maria he absolutely firmed Maria would not that insane to do those kind of thing. Her past life was already like hell before they met and married  yet she adorably walking her life liked nothing happened. 

"Are they successfully found Maria weak button?"  he minded his own thinking.

"It was not me, not the brothers but it was Alex her weak button?" he came into conclusion and run his eyes to meet with Adachi. As they got the same thing in mind.

"Yenzo, this matters is getting serious and  worse" Adachi said as he looked into his eyes then he gazed  into the brothers there.

"How serious it is?" like a kid Felix asked.

Silent. There's nothing coming out from neither of them. 

"Why do you don't want to tell us the truth? Are we no longer your family? Are we now considered as an outsiders?" Saint suddenly spoke unable to hold his emotion.

Felix who was standing a bit far from Saint with a rush went to Saint and hug him tightly.

Sam bowed down his head and John pull himself together as they heard what Saint said.

There was something hidden weighted in Yenzo's heart. His mind was in mess. He don't know what to respond nor to do right now. Everything was suffocated for him. As he touched and rubbed his tight chest wishing the pain to decrease he stood and walked towards the lift. 

"I'll talked to you once I am ready. Give me some time and I need a rest now" then he left them entered the lift and went to his room. 

All of them simultaneously looked at Adachi. 

"Leave him for tonight. He suffered enough. He drowned himself with the guilty because of the incident that night. Moreover he's not fully recover. He's still depending on the medicine to live his life and I believed that what Saint said just now was a great attacked to him" as he also walked to the lift want to go to his room.

"Haaaa..." he sighed.

"What happened past these months were started before both of them met and before all of you knew us. We just considered to do not involving you as we know Maria would going to outburst his rage towards Yenzo. You all are her gems" Adachi stopped his paces before pressed the lift's button.

"Maria and Yenzo were.... was not Maria and Yenzo you knew past these years" he added and stepped into the lift leaving the brothers behind.

The brothers were to aghast with the news they got by Adachi just now. There were nothing came out from their lips. Their mind blanked. After years living as a family this information was something obscure to get and blend. They knew Maria never told them about her past life as she always reminded them past is past what important is now. Cherish the life you have now and never turn back to your past but they never expected about this. 

"I want to talk to Adachi. What he means by all this?" Felix released his hug but stopped by Sam.

"No. Let them rest. Brother already promised want to tell us everything. Just wait and be patient" Sam reasoning Felix 

"Yes. I agreed. Let's heading to our room and have a rest too. Tomorrow would be a long day for us" John added and moved his body.

"You too Saint. Have a rest at your room. Have a proper sleep" John instructed Saint in a soft ways since he knew Saint never left Maria alone in this room. Even Saint showed his reluctant to do so but he slowly stood up and joined them heading to their respective rooms. 

John knew in the middle of night Yenzo might be here accompany his wife.

To be continue.......

#English is not my first language

#Feel free to comment/ suggest/ sharing idea

#happy reading ;)