VIII. Expect The Unexpected (ii.)

CHAPTER EIGHTEXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!

CHAPTER EIGHT
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!

TW. slut shaming.

[ PART II ]

DEAR FUTURE SELF: I'M SORRY.

Truly, I am because why did I think attending Kenzo Takahashi's birthday party was a good idea? Flashing lights everywhere I looked accompanied with music so loud, I wonder if my ear drums will still be functionally intact by the end of the night.    

"You okay?" Solelil asked, arm brushing against mine before wrapping it in hers. I give her a single nod before returning my attention onto Fallon who leads us towards the living room. The space left in the house is selective, while it might be spacious, it's filled to the brim with people in every single corner. Every free seat I place my eyes on gets taken in seconds, mere seconds.

    The Takahashi's aren't poor, that's for sure. I'm surprised that the two brothers, Kenzo and Kairi—although he prefers Kai—didn't end up going to some rich kid private school. They're both on the soccer team, from what I've heard. Rumors say that Kai missed a shot he made during the game last year; a game that wasn't that important. It was a practice game against our rival school; Charlington.

    As if it's clockwork, as soon as the word soccer enters my trail of thoughts a following face pops up in my brain. Theodore Camden. Mister soccer captain who I did not expect to see here, after all, he's the one that said he finds party's revolting. He's practically repulsed by them.

    His words, not mine.

    Imagine my surprise at the face I see as soon as I walk into the house ( basically mansion ) and see him watching me. Watching every movement I made with hardened eyes, I rolled my eyes at the glare he sent my way—or is that just how he looked at everything?—before turning away at the sound of Fallon's voice.

    "If you continue staring at him any longer, I'll think that you're trying to imprint him into your mind."

    I gasped, "imprint? Me, never!" A smile—a real smile, one that I was finding hard to see on Fallon's lips—was thrown my way. Part of me wanted to jump up and down at her happiness, the other wanted to interrogate her on exactly what happened on the day I faked being sick and didn't go to school.

    All I knew was that it was bad. The next day I did go to school, I was surrounded by people pointing and whispering about Fallon as if she committed a severe crime. I later found out that the crime she committed was breaking poor Michael's heart.

    Boo Hoo!

    "That's what it looks like with the way you continue to stare at him." I turned my gaze from Fallon's brown hair onto Theodore's dark locks. He was dressed in a black shirt that exposed his tattoos to the world. ( If only it didn't take me two weeks of tutoring to see them. ) Paired with washed out blue jeans, the final touch being the necklace hidden under the collar of his shirt.