III. Infuriating Library Tutoring

CHAPTER THREEINFURIATING LIBRARY TUTORING!

CHAPTER THREE
INFURIATING LIBRARY TUTORING!

                    I REALLY NEEDED TO LEARN HOW TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT.

Seriously, it was something I lacked and desperately needed. When I told Mr. Sharpe that I was ready to start "as soon as possible" I didn't actually mean immediately. It's such a confusing statement, one that I made in hopes to make myself sound serious. ( I was a seventeen year old girl trying to convince my principal to not hold me a year back! )

Which is exactly why I need to learn how to keep some things to myself, perhaps if I did, I wouldn't be in this compromising situation.

"What do you mean, you can't come to girl's night?" Fallon asked, suspicion evident in her tone as she stared me straight in the eyes. I grimaced, looking at everything but her. Fallon had a way with making people crack, whether it was her ominous yet knowing blue eyes or the fact that she had a permanent scowl on her lips. When Fallon asked a question, everyone answered.

I was not excluded by this mysterious power of hers.

Which was why I was instead staring at the grey lockers across from me. It's only been a day since I was called down to the office and approximately six hours since I handed my form back to the secretary. Now, hours later, I'm leaning against my locker with both of my best friends undergoing an interrogation minutes after I received an email notifying me that my first tutoring session would be happening later today.

I looked at Soleil for help but all she did is raise her hands in defeat before shrugging her shoulders and going back to the mobile game she was playing. "Well, you see," I start before trailing off, tightening the hold I had on my backpack strap. Fallon raised her eyebrows in suspicion before relaxing the muscles in her face. She let out a sigh before giving me a small smile, "it can't be that bad, Mara."

Oh it was.

"I kind of volunteered to help tutor failing students because I have somehow gone all three of my previous years in high school without doing any of my community service hours. This just happened to come back and bite me in the ass, so here I am, about to waste most days of my weeks tutoring in the school library, which is not the pl—" My voice is cut off by the hysterical laughter Soleil let out beside me.

"First of all, breathe before your pass out." She chuckled, red tinted lips pulling up into a grin before she continued, "second, not to brag and all but I can't say I didn't tell you so right, Ally?"

I rolled my eyes at the hum of agreement Fallon slipped out, elbowing Soleil in the stomach. "I know, I know, what I did was stupid and I shouldn't have put it off for so long." This time Fallon rolled her eyes as if it's common knowledge. "But I'm already going through the consequences of my actions there's no need to rub salt into the wound."