V. Matchmaking 101

CHAPTER FIVEMATCHMAKING 101!

CHAPTER FIVE
MATCHMAKING 101!

HE'S CRYING AGAIN.

'The Fault in Our Stars' played on the TV screen, its background music compared to the choked sobs that leave my idiotic brother's lips as he continued to watch. The movie is at the part where Hazel is reading the heartbreaking eulogy Augustus left for her and Aaron just can't stop sobbing. Kayla; his best friend ( though I know that there's more to their so called 'friendship' ) is triying her best to console him, comfortingly patting his back as she herself bit her lips to help conceal her laughter.

I on the other hand gladly took this golden opportunity to both laugh and snap a picture of their cuddling forms. Aaron with his head placed on Kayla's shoulder, half of him is hidden by her black hair but the picture allows others to see the adoring looks she sends his way.

They've been denying their love for so long—even though it's so obvious—that the day they confess to each other and announce that they're dating, I might actually pass out from shock. Well deserved shock; who calls a person that you sleep, share food, kiss—albeit on the cheek, but still!—and overall care for, just a friend?

I tutted to myself as I smoothed out the wrinkles in my tank top before throwing a white zip up hoodie over the piece of clothing. I quickly looked at the time on my phone one last time, it was 5:30 in the afternoon, before pocketing it in my jeans. ( My favourite pair actually—patchwork striped baggy boyfriend jeans; the love of my life. )

"Alright love birds, I'm leaving now!"

I snickered at how quickly they separated at my words. Waving at them a last time, I grabbed my backpack and began my quick walk to the library. I wonder how many kids my age can say that they spend their Monday afternoons tutoring at the public library. I don't know how teachers do it, having to explain to someone who thinks and processes things differently is harder than I thought. How do I explain what I mean and how you solve for this to someone who won't understand how to do it my way? It's honestly draining.

I took my time walking, the pavement scraping against the soles of my shoes. Leaves ruffled in the wind, fall was finally making its appearance. It was my favorite season for a reason, the atmosphere was just better. Binging my comfort tv shows while I comfortably lazed in my bed with no interruptions.

While it was just the beginning of October, Halloween was coming in fast. Although it's never been something to celebrate in my house; my mother still allowed us to go trick-or-treating. ( Us being me and my little sister. ) The reason why she allowed it even though she didn't like the holiday is because she saw how much Arianne liked it—even though I did as well, but in her eyes I was an adult—nevertheless she still hid our bags of candy, giving us a certain amount to eat for the month.