Part 29

In the previous chapter:
The truth from the past!

As Manik finished narrating everything, the Dare Devils looked shocked. They were debating whether to trust this or not.

"What proof do you have?", Asked Ishana.

"We knew you would ask for the proofs. That is why we bought our personal laptops here. It was all the call recordings, pictures sent by the stalker and even the death threat note." Cabir explained.

Then, Manik and Cabir open their laptops and start fetching the folder carrying the proofs. Once they found it, they opened the folder and kept it in front of the Dare Devils.

-call recording 1-

"Hello Manik Malhotra here, who's speaking?" Manik asked.

"That's for me to know and you to find out Mr Manik Malhotra." The person spoke.

"Who are you? Why have you called me?" Manik asked in irritation.

"Breakup with your girlfriend." The man stated.

"And why do you think I'll do it?" Manik literally yelled.

"You will. You must. Orelse your so called girlfriend and your parents will die." The man threatened.

"Yeah yeah whatever. I will do no such thing and not will you be able to harm them. Now stop calling and GOOD BYE!" Manik yelled angrily and cut the call.

-call recording 2-

"Cabir Malhotra speaking. Who's this?" Cabir asked.

"Ahh Mr Cabir Malhotra, forgot me already?" The man asked with a humorless laugh.

"You bastard! How dare you call me again?" Cabir yelled through the call.

"You thought I'll leave you so easily? You must do what I say orelse both your parents and girlfriend will die! You must have got a teaser today, next time, there'll be no mercy!" The man warned.

"How dare you? I'm gonna call the cops on you." Cabir yelled.

"Haha, bring it on." The man said and cut the call.

-call recording 3-

"Hello Malhotras, I heard about the news of your parents accident. That's so... Great." The man laughed a mirthless laugh.

"You did this. Didn't you?" Manik and Cabir yelled in a cracked voice.

"You guys are intelligent! You have guessed it right. Yes, I did it. My motive was to kill this but, lucky them, they managed to survive." The man chuckled.

"Why?" Manik asked in a monotone.

"You wanted to check what I would do if you went to the cops to  file a complaint against me. This is the consequence of your action." The man stated.

"And yeah, no cops would be able to trace me or catch me. If you think you'll get a step ahead of me, then I'm a 10 steps ahead of all of you." The man continued.

"Why do you want us to break up with our girlfriends. What have we ever done to you. LEAVE US ALONE!" Cabir almost pleaded.

"Well boys, I am not liable to answer you. If you ever try telling about this to your girlfriends or cops once again, you'll find your parents DEAD!" The man yelled and cut the call.

-call recording 4-

"Hello boys, I hope you both are together right now." The man said as soon as the call was connected.