60

Suna Rintaro was nervous for his life. He was seated in front of the peacefully smiling Kyoku Haruna. His beloved Pretty Girl was waiting in the living room, ready for school, while he was seated with his girlfriend's very easygoing and loving mother. Despite the ease on the mother, Rintaro was tense.

"Uhm, Auntie- I mean, Kyoku-san..." Suna stammered as he redirected his gaze to the table. He really did not know what to say. Haruna decides to talk first, "Are you dating my daughter now, Suna-kun?" she asked nicely. Suna could only gulp and timidly nod.

What was this underlying tension of threat within the lady's smiling face???

"I am. I'm in a serious relationship with Fuyumi." Suna said as he took in a breath of courage. Get straight to the point and get this over with. He'd rather not be late for school because he was too panicky to answer to his girlfriend's mother. "And I plan on committing to it for as long as our love can grow." he stated seriously.

"Even with my daughter's potential taking her to greater heights?" Haruna asked seriously, tone going deeper. "We both know that Fuyumi will always chase after music, it is her lifelong passion." the mother sighed out. "Even though you might know that you may not stand a chance against music, are you willing to take the risk to be with my daughter?" she questioned.

This made Suna realize one thing. Haruna was not against the relationship as an overprotective mother, but was worried about how this relationship can impact their futures together.

Suna lifted his gaze, meeting very similar gray eyes before him, "I love your daughter dearly, Kyoku-san." he first told her, surprising the mother at the sudden admittance. "Her happiness is as important as my own." the boy went on.

"Her music makes her the happiest, so I will continuously support her." Suna seriously stated, "I know the passion and talent Fuyumi has. It would be a shame to limit her when she can go much farther. Who am I to stop her from doing what she loves most?" he shrugged it out.

"We can always talk things out, so I don't really see anything wrong. I trust her more than anyone I know." the boy then smiled softly, "That Pretty Girl isn't the neglectful type." he said.

Haruna's eyes softened, serious tension gone, as she huffed an understanding sigh. "What you signed up for isn't going to be easy. Just look at me and my husband, you will be taking my role in the relationship..." the mother looked at the family photo framed on the wall.

The photo had three smiling faces in the midst of blooming cherry blossoms. A mother with white locks and gray eyes, a young girl who looked like a carbon copy of her mother, and a father with gray hair and green eyes. The Kyoku Family when Fuyumi was 10 years old.

"My husband, Kyoku Arashi, is a passionate archaeologist. He is one of the best and travels everywhere his research and digs take him to." Haruna shared, "We had mutual friends back in college, and that dedicated gentleman stole my heart." she humored with a fond chuckle.

"He and I are loving but live separate lives, a lot of people cannot take that. But he shines the brightest in his passion, so he was always away, making discovery after discovery... As a supportive lover, all I could do was watch him go with a proud smile." Haruna huffed a sigh at that. "The distance, even with a happy relationship, will always sadden you. But you have to let go, or else that light you fell for will dim." she shook her head.

"Fuyumi takes after her father in the passionate department, no doubt my little girl will go from one place to another in the name of music." Haruna promptly smiled before facing Suna, "Are you ready for that?" she asked him.