58

It has been weeks since the Summer Training Camp, and everyone was back in school, attending to studies and volleyball practice.

"Any news, Pretty Girl?" Suna asked the manager beside him. Fuyumi hummed, "The announcement about Spring Nationals will be for later after practice." she informed.

"Well, we are nearing it... our last tournament." Ginjima sighed out, sentimental. "Don't get emotional on us now, Gin." Suna drawled out at his friend.

"I can't help it, we're 3rd years!" Ginjima defended himself. "Now, now, calm yourselves, my friends." Fuyumi clapped twice to silence them. "We're still in practice, get back on court please." she stated.

Fuyumi watches the two players go back on court, continuing their blocking training with Osamu and Atsumu and heaved her own sigh. This was their last tournament together as a team... as friends as well.

After 3rd year, they'll graduate and pursue their own goals. Fuyumi will go to fully dedicating herself to music, Osamu will start moving onto his career in the food business, Atsumu will stay determined in professional volleyball... she wasn't sure where Suna and Ginjima will go but nonetheless, the squad will be apart for some time.

Fuyumi eyes her four friends, her chaotic dynamic of a squad who made her high school life explode in colors and made her time memorable in Inarizaki. She will miss their everyday shenanigans and daily nonsense.

But then again... It's three, five, or nothing... She was sure that not even time can tear them apart.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Since we won the Qualifiers last tournament, we will be in the brackets of the Spring Qualifiers in October." Kurosu announced. "As usual." Atsumu snidely bragged, before getting elbowed by Osamu.

"But, that isn't a reason for us to relax." Oomi addressed to the team next, "Stay vigilant in practice!". With everyone's agreements exclaimed, practice ends for the day.

"Think we can at least relax for a few days?" Suna asked Fuyumi as they both walked home together. "I don't think so. You have to escape Oomi-sensei's keen eyes." the manager discouraged.

"Damn, you have no mercy Pretty Girl."

"What do you want me to do? Lie to you?"

Suna snickered at her carefree answer, "Give my heart a break, Fuyumi." he told her. The white haired girl simply rolled her eyes at him, "And encourage your laziness? As if." she retorted back.

They both chuckle and return to peaceful silence. Just them two, walking together like always, small banters and silences in between. Just them... just them.

"Rintaro..." Fuyumi called out softly, making the middle blocker turn to her. "Will the five of us still stay strong together? Will we... still stay as friends...?" she asked.

Fuyumi strangely felt emotional and sentimental today, was it the fact that this was their last tournament together ringing in her mind or was it the realization that their goals were all split apart?

"Fuyumi, it's not like you to be like this." Suna pointed out first, making the girl huff at him. "Well, sorry for having an emo session, RinRin." she pouted. Goodness, what was she expecting, asking Rintaro of all people?