29

December passes by like falling snowflakes, and before anyone knew, it was December 31.

And this afternoon, the trio of Atsumu, Osamu, and Fuyumi were gathered by the backyard of the Miya house. What exactly have they been doing the whole day?

Mochi Pounding.

The trio have been out the whole time, alternating with their tasks. One does the pounding with a wooden mallet, one does the turning of the rice at each of the mallet's upswings, and one rests and watches over.

The mochi in the large wooden usu was starting to look smooth and shiny by now, so the mochi will be complete soon.

"Is taking pictures your priority right now? Who are you, Rintaro?" Fuyumi questioned Atsumu, who was resting on the lone chair nearby.

Atsumu checked the picture he just took, "What? It's a funny thing to post." He snickered out. The picture in his screen was Fuyumi pounding the mochi with Osamu turning the mochi in the usu. Of course at the side was Atsumu himself, since he took a selfie.

"Bet he's going to get roasted by Sakusa if he posts it." Osamu drawled out as he retreated his hand. Fuyumi makes another swing, the mallet's head hitting the mochi.

"You shut the hell up, Samu!" Atsumu yelled out as he posted the picture. The caption? A single line of 'Mochi Pounding with the Traitors'.

As expected, comments started piling up the post.

@FuyuStan_420 Just Bros being Bros, pounding mochis together. Such Brotherhood

@Ushi_Waka Oh, is this what Bros do as well??

@miracleboyy_satori WAKATOSHI-KUN ASNDKDJDK YES, THAT'S IT!!

@semi_eita Tendou, pls don't feed false info.

@LiBro_Komori Wait then what is Atsumu doing?? Watching them??

@sks_kiyoomi As expected, you're not helping. Miya, you won't get any luck and fortune this year too.

@StanSuna_3000 HAHAHA GET THAT BAD LUCK MIYA!!

@gin_hitoshi I can't believe you guys are making Fuyumi do the pounding

@suna_rin LMFAO Pretty girl, pls hit them with the mallet right after

@OsaMiya_Stan If it does happen, pls someone take a video of it!!

@tsumtsumu_miya JERKS! WE TAKE TURNS!!

Atsumu exits twitter in his irritation. As he puts his phone down, Fuyumi swings the mallet onto the usu one last time. "Switch!!" Fuyumi exclaimed as the trio exchanged positions.

Fuyumi was now in resting mode. Osamu was now doing the pounding while Atsumu did the rice turning.

"We're almost done guys! Let's give it our all!" Fuyumi cheered their way. The boys gave out shouts of cheers in return and pounded away.

Fuyumi at some point had to momentarily stop them. Why? Because Atsumu annoyed Osamu to the point of Osamu almost hitting Atsumu's hand with the mallet.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

They finished somehow, by the end of the day, after many unconventional chitchats and chaotic messes.