31

It was January 6, 8 o'clock in the morning. The 2nd day of the Spring Nationals.

"Everyone, we have 30 minutes to practice. Let's get going." Kurosu told the team. "Yeah!"

Everyone proceeded to practice on court, doing their spiking drills.

Fuyumi was also on bench, double checking the towels and bottles she had brought in. "Yosh, we're all set." She said with a smile.

"Ah, where's Kita-san?" Ginjima asked their manager once he was done spiking.

Fuyumi smiled, "Interview~ he's being interviewed by the pretty announcer lady, Machino-san. He's our captain, after all." She chirped.

As expected of their good captain!

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Inarizaki's first match is today, so how's the team doing?" Machino asked Kita as the news camera recorded the interview.

"Right. The first match can be rather scary and nerve-wracking for any team, but we're all pretty calm." Kita answered back.

"We're in top shape, so I'm pretty confident we'll be fine." The captain stated as Machino went to ask another question.

"So what's your goal for this tournament?" She asked him.

Kita's eyes flashed determination as he looked straight forward.

"To win, of course."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Hey Fuyumi, what's that gremlin doing over there?" Suna said as the group of 2nd years turned to Atsumu seemingly talking with the 1st year setter of Karasuno.

"Did he really disturb their practice to talk?" Osamu said with a frown, sighing.

Fuyumi's grip on her clipboard tightened as she groaned, "Oh dammit, Miya Atsumu." She heaved out as she went to get him.

The trio of Osamu, Suna, and Ginjima saluted her way for her usual sacrifice.

"I absolutely hate playing against people who suck."

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"Why are you apologizing?! Kageyama, you jerk!" "But I don't suck."

"Yes, I'm very aware of that." Atsumu smiled at Kageyama's blunt statement paired with his obvious ignoring of Hinata's exclaims.

"Though he sucks."

"How can you say that?!"

"But he's not weak, so I think we'll be okay." Kageyama stated directly to Atsumu, who smirked back.

A smack resounds in the area as Atsumu was holding his head in pain.

"Did you seriously went out here to cause trouble? Give me a break, Tsumu." Fuyumi scowled, clipboard in hand.

"How can you hit your own friend and player with your clipboard?" Atsumu exclaimed back.

Fuyumi ignored his words and bowed while forcing his head down as well. "I'm sorry for this dunce! Your practice was disturbed by him." She said in apology.