22

"Uh-Uhm, Excuse Me!" A voice resounded from the entrance of the gym.

The volleyball team all turned to the girl by the gym's door. "Oh, it's Nakano-san." Akagi said, surprised to see his classmate in the club.

Fuyumi heaved a sigh and stepped forward. "Is there anything you need?" she asked politely. This girl probably is here for someone in the team so it'd be best to solve this quickly.

Himura took a deep breath, "I am Nakano Touka, President of the Music Club. Kyoku Fuyumi-sama, please play with us today as a guest performer!!" she exclaimed out loud with a low bow.

The gym went silent at the newcomer's words.

"Fuyumi-sama, what do we do?" Suna snickered out.

"Indeed Fuyumi-sama, what will we do?" Osamu followed up with a straight face.

"Yeah Fuyumi-sama, oh what shall we do?" Atsumu grinned out teasingly.

"Fuyumi-sama wants the three of you to shut it!" Fuyumi hissed their way before turning to the 3rd year female. "May we please know what's wrong? You won't just ask me to play this abruptly." she asked gently.

Nakano stood up straight, "The club is having a public event in 2 hours, where we showcase our music to everyone. We had everything scheduled, but then one of our violinists sprained her hands and her accompanist on the piano had called in sick... so we have a blank slot right now..." she explained.

"I know it is of such short notice but we do need to fill in that slot to reach the appointed time of the event. If you could play for us, we will do everything we can for you in exchange! Please!" Nakano pleaded with a bowed head.

Fuyumi was in thought, "If you guys give me a violin, I could play for you guys... but I need a pianist to accompany me." She started as Nakano bit her lips. "All of our pianists already have their own music to play... is there anyone else you know who could play?" she asked.

"Uhm! Fuyumi-senpai!" Sui called out as the conversing girls turned to the 1st year. "I... I can play piano. I've been playing since I was 5." he explained. At that, Fuyumi was surprised but hummed in thought.

"Are you okay with performing with me, Succhan? This is very abrupt and we have so little time to prepare." Fuyumi asked him. "More than okay! It's an honor!" Sui immediately answered, red flushing his cheeks.

Fuyumi smiled, "You have yourself a pair then. I'll leave the rest of the preparations to you." She turned to Nakano. The president had tears in her eyes, "Thank you so much!!" She exclaimed before running off.

"Well then, Kurosu-kantoku~! You heard that?" Fuyumi called out to the coaches by the benches. Kurosu sighed, "I did. We'll let you help them. Go on and practice together." He said with a sheepish smile.

This made Fuyumi nod in thanks his way. She then approaches her kouhai who would be her accompanist for the guest performance.

"Succhan, what piece do you like playing most?" Fuyumi turned to the 1st year. Sui bashfully looked at the ground, "Salut d'amour op. 12..." he answered.

Fuyumi chuckled, "What a coincidence, it's my favorite too!" she chirped.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪