And truthfully, he did not. Something about her made him uncomfortable and until he figures out what it is, he was going to maintain a large distance between them.

"Thank you for the invite but I can't join you. My wife and I have plans."

Lie. They did not. But Liam wanted to decline the offer without sounding too harsh.

Liza's shoulders sag a bit. "Oh."

"I'm sorry Liza," Liam says rising to his feet. "Why don't you ask your mother to join you? I am sure she would enjoy it."

Liza nods sadly. "Yeah, I'll do that."

"Enjoy the movie."

And with that, Liam vacates the room leaving a slightly hurt Liza. 

Did I just get rejected?

~~~

Meanwhile, Liam had reached the front of his wife's bedroom waiting for her to unlock the door for him.

"Oh hi! Morning!" Diamond greets smiling widely.

"Did you sleep well?" Liam asks returning the smile.

"I did. And you?"

"Same here."

"Great."

A few seconds of silence pass before Liam speaks up again.

"Do you have any plans for today?"

"Plans?" Diamond repeats thinking. "No. Why?"

"Would you like to go out? It's been a long week and I think going lit for some fresh air will do us both good."

Diamond nods accepting the request. "That sounds fun. When do you want us to leave?"

"Whenever you are ready. I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

"Alrighty then. See you in a bit."

With one last smile, Diamond closes her bedroom door and begins to prep for their day out.

Diamond steps out of the shower with a towel covering her body. She begins to look around her closing, not knowing what to exactly wear.

It's a relaxing day out which means I need to dress comfortably. Right?

Diamond snaps out of her thoughts as her phone screeches on her bed. Reaching for it, Diamond presses the answer button.

"Hey, Aya!"

"Hey babe. How are you?"

"I'm great? You?"

"I'm doing okay."

A second of silence passes.

"Are you doing anything today? Do you want to watch a movie with me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry Aya but I can't. Liam and I have plans."

That seems to have perked up Aya's interest.

"I need you to repeat that."

Diamond rolls her eyes. "Liam and I have plans."

"Really? Where are you going?"

"I don't know. He just told me that the fresh air might help us relax."

"Sounds romantic."

"Aya." Diamond sighs.

"What are you wearing?"

"I don't know," Diamond says adjusting her phone. "Something comfy I guess."

"Comfy but cute, right?"

"Uhhh."

"You need to look cute for your date Diamond."

"It's not a date."

"Yes, it is." Aya pursues.

"No, it's not."

"Then how do you explain your husband asking you to go out alone with him to have fun."

Aya makes a good point.

"You don't need to wear anything fancy. Just look nice. Okay, Diamond?"

"I'll try."

"Good girl. You better tell me everything when you return okay?"

Diamond chuckles at her friend. "Okay."

"Bye, babe. Love you!"

And with that, Aya ends the call reminding Diamond that it was time to choose an outfit.

Comfy but cute? I can do that.

~~~
Diamond stares at her reflection satisfied. Wearing light blue jeans and a cute white cropped halter top, Diamond adds on the necklace Liam bought her as an accessory. She of course, also wore the earrings. For a jacket, she chose her cropped white coat that was slightly longer than her top, leaving a bit of her stomach out. The high-waisted jeans covered the rest. For shoes, she wore white cute sandals that had a small heel.

Diamond looked cute.

She felt cute.

Her half up half down locs made her look even more cute.

Okay, I'm ready.

Diamond quickly exits her bedroom and heads downstairs to notice Liam had already been waiting for her. Upon hearing the click of her heels Liam lifts his head to greet his wife.

"You look beautiful Diamond." He compliments, his eyes roaming her body.

"Thanks. You too."

Liam laughs out loud. "I look beautiful?"

Diamond wasn't lying. Instead of the usual business attire, Liam had taken it upon himself to dress less business-y. Wearing white slacks matched with a brown turtleneck that was at least a size bigger.

That style suits him. That's what Diamond concluded at least.

"You should dress like that more often," Diamond says smiling. "You look really nice"

"Thank you," Liam says smiling. Diamond happily giving him such a compliment made him want to smile for hours.

"I see you wore the necklace I got."

"Yeah." Diamond says touching the charm. "It's so pretty."

"I'm glad you like it." He responds and begins to walk to the kitchen.

Diamond incoherently hears Liam saying something to Martha who responds back. She watches as her husband returns with a basket in his hand.

"Martha packed us a few goods for our outing. We can get the rest at this place I know."

"Where are we going?"

"We are going for a picnic."

~~~

Date time!

These two are so cute fight me 😤

Anyways I hope everyone is doing great.

Have a good day y'all.

Vote
Comment
And
Follow

❤️❤️

Find me on my socials ^_^