Personal decision - Willow

- I don't know what to say here, nothing new tbh

But as always, happy reading : ) -

Hunter and I sat in the coffee shop together after Jack left. We sat in a booth together and talked. 

I didn't feel like ordering anything and Hunter insisted he didn't care for coffee. Also none of us had any money so we wouldn't have been able to get anything anyway.

Human money at least. I have snails saved up from birthdays but I learned fairly quickly in the human realm that those aren't really a currency here.

Our seats were right next to a window that looked out onto the sidewalk and road outside. 

I leaned forward slightly, balancing my elbows on the table. "So tell me about this offer."

"Oh uh, Jackson just thought we could go on like.. vacation with him to this place that's really far away for winter break."

"What's winter break?"

"Oh! I forgot you don't have that at Hexside. It's just a one or two week time period where everyone here doesn't have to go to school. And it's traditional to go somewhere not here during it." He silently thought for a moment and laughed quietly. "But if you don't have a break that means we can't go so-"

He seemed to be avoiding the subject. If he didn't want to go he could just tell me. I had learned for situations like this I had to be direct. 

I reached across the table and subtly placed my hand on top of his and tried to give him my best "I know something's off" look. "If you don't want to go on vacation with a stranger you met a few months ago it's okay. And I think you're thinking too much about me, too. If we both went, would you be going just because I was going? You should go because you work really hard and obviously, your school thinks everyone needs a break. Including you. So just tell me what you actually want and we can make a decision together, based on what each of us want."

After I was done speaking, something flickered in his eyes. I wondered if he wasn't quite used to making his own decisions even after all this time away from Belos. I would've hoped so but it looked like he was halfway there, and just needed a little nudge.

He flipped his hand over, so his palm was facing up, and held my hand gently.

"Okay."

I just wanted the best for him. I thought going on a human vacation could be fun. Jack wasn't my close friend and I assumed I couldn't just go if Hunter didn't. So if he went I definitely would aswell.

That is, if my parents allowed me to. Any old vacation would usually  be alright, but one in the human realm, really far away from the portal, might be iffy.

This was an opportunity though. So I would try to persuade them. 

"I think going would be.. cool. Camila's not so sure about it but I think it could be fun." 

I lifted his hand up close to my face and gave it a kiss. "See? It's that easy. Good job."

He blinked at me a few times. Was he breathing?

Finally, he took a huge breath in, clutching his chest with his free hand.

I was about to laugh at him but decided against it. "Are you- Are you okay??" I asked.

"I couldn't breathe for a second." He explained.

I giggled a bit. "Yeah, I could tell." 

Not being able to keep my subtle laughter in, I continued to chuckle at him as he slowly set his head down on the table.