Sick day - Willow

- I'm so busy I had to stop posting tiktok, and I hadn't updated this in a week until yesterday. I sort of feel bad. 

I'm so excited to get out of school. I will probably be done with this by the end of my school year, so I'll most likely finish my unfinshed drafts and stories before making another spinoff/ huntlow fanfic.

I'm also leaving for a school trip on Thursday, and won't be able to write for around a week, (The trip is 5 days across the frickin' country 😭) But it's not like it's that unusual for me to not post for a while at this point.

Happy reading : ) -

Usually this class would be super interesting - but today was just not doing it for me. 

The substitute teacher seemed to drone on and on and I just stared out the window. Jerbo sat next to me, eagerly jotting down notes in his notebook. His mud-abomination pet rabbit sat quietly on the table next to him. 

I had a strong urge to pet it but last time I did that I got muddy goo all over my hand. And it bit me. I had to get tested for rabies.

It was not fun.

The window wasn't a lot more interesting than the class, so I decided to use my very last resort and got my scroll out. I hid it discreetly under the table and tapped around dully.

This was so boring. And it never was before. This is why I hated substitute teachers. I preferred my normal teacher. Somewhat of a routine.

I sniffed. I sounded so nasally what the heck?

Putting a hand on my forehead. When did it get so hot in this classroom?

"Uhh.. Willow?" Jerbo gently tapped my shoulder. "You've got some pollen in your hair."

I reached my hand up and pat my head. "Pollen?? Why would- Oh."

Sniffing again, I let out a groan and shook my head. "I have a mold."

"Willow, you were complaining about your substitute anyway, missing a few days of school won't kill ya." Papa argued. 

"This will though." I said grumpily, pointing to the pollen piling on my head.

Both my parents sad down on the bed next to me. "Flower, you have the common mold, not the dust plague. That would be bad."

"Harvey, not helping." Dad grumbled under his breath.

Papa cleared his throat and pat my leg. "Uh yes, anyway, love - you need a sick day. Call if you need anything, and we mean anything. I'll make you some soup and you can sleep it off."

They both nodded and walked out, shutting my door very quietly behind them.

I loved my dads, but I did not, under any circumstances want a sick day. I hated being sick and I disliked missing class. What if my teachers hated me for missing?

I opened up my scroll again and was happily surprised with a message from Hunter, Luz and Gus.

~Gus~

Willlowwwww why aren't you at school? Are you sick? Are you okay?? Do you want me to bring you anything? 
Do you want me to tell the others that you're sick? Are you even sick?
Willow??

~Luz~

i heard you were sick and because you took care of me when I had the mold, im gonna take care of you! <33 (actually i have band practice that i kinda cant miss but im sending hunter over with presents from me) ^^