Hospital - Luz

- idk what I'm doing awake but you bet I'm tired ASF bro. I got PSAT's tmrw, so wish me luck ig. or not, that's fine too.

Either way, happy reading :) -

I took a sharp breath in. Everything was so blurry. 

There was a soft, steady beeping that echoed in my ears. What was that?

I mustered up the strength to open my eyes. Where were my friends? My family?

Amity? Hunter, Vee, Willow, Gus, King, Eda -- what was going on??

I groaned as a bright light met my eyes. "Mami?" I mumbled. Where was my mom?

My eyes opened wide. Then I finally figured out where I was. I was in a clean hospital room, machines whirring and beeping at a steady pace around me.

Sitting up quickly, I whipped my heard around the room. No. My friends, the demon realm. Had I.. Had I dreamed them all up..?? I teared up. How could I go on without them now?

"Luz?" I looked to the door. It was my mom. "Mom?"

"Luz! Oh you're alright! I was so worried. Hold on, you stay here. I'll go alert the doctors and we can go home."

She turned on her heel and jogged out of the room. Her hair was in a messy bun. Like it was the day I was supposed to leave for camp. This could not be happening. I knew I had a vivid imagination, but to dream up an entire life an entire family. That was...

A doctor turned the corner and stared at me. "Oh good! You're awake, just like your mother said. I'm just going to run some tests and you can head on home. Sound good?"

I nodded numbly. If I hadn't dreamed them, where were they.

"What.. happened?" I asked.

The doctor turned her head to me and slipped her latex gloves off. "Your mom brought you in last week, said you fell and hit your head. It was strange though, you were covered in scratches and splinters; and you've been sleeping since then."

"Did anyone else visit?" I asked. I was really afraid of the answers.

Before the doctor could answer, Mama walked back into the room and hugged me. "Oh mija, I'm so glad you're okay! The nice desk lady says you're free to go as soon as the doctor says you can." She gave me a thumbs up and a smile. 

I smiled back weakly and her face fell. "What's wrong? Are you feeling okay??" She put her hand on my face, and moved it up to my forehead, checking my temperature.

"I'm alright. Where is.. What about.." I pushed her hand away. What if I did dream them up? How could I word this to make it sound like I wasn't crazy? "Where's Amity?? My friends- Hunter?"

Mom's smile melted into a soft, smaller smile. She let out a chuckle and ran her hand over the hair at the top of my head. "Everyone is okay. Did you think you dreamt them up or something?" 

I shook my head, my eyes filling with tears. I was so happy. They were all okay.

"Okay, I'm gonna let the doctor do her thing, so we can get home to everyone sooner." She said, stepping back. She leaned against the wall, getting her phone out. "Oh, hold on- I'm getting a call, I'll be right back." And with that she left the room, putting her phone up to her ear.

The doctor gave her a thumbs up and turned to me. "Is Hunter your brother?" she asked.

"Uhm, yeah.. how did you know that?" I asked. 

"Since you arrived last week, you had.. a lot of visitors. But your most frequent one was this tall blonde kid. I ended up talking to him since he was here so often, he said he was your brother. And that he owed you and your guys' friends everything."