Chapter 8 : UA sport festival part 2

immediately after the first forty two participants finished the next event the cavalry battle was announced and explained by Midnight.

"Well done all of you who made it and finished in the top forty two of the obstacle race. All of you who finished will be participating in the second event the Cavalry Battle. In this event you will have to make teams of a maximum of four people. You need to have at least one rider and one horse. Every student will be given a point value based on their placement in the obstacle race. The points of every student in the team will be counted up to a total which will be the teams point value these point values are displayed via headbands. The person who finished last will be awarded five points and that goes all the way to two hundred five for the second place and number one will be awarded ten million points. The goal of the game is to steal headbands in order to raise the team's score. Contestants are not allowed to make each other fall on purpose. Even if a team loses their headband or falls down, they can compete until the thirty-minute time limit is up. You will get fifteen minutes to form the teams" Midnight finished.

Many people started flocking around Bakugo, Todoroki and Midoriya because of their high point value as they ended in second, third and Fourth. With Midoriya being second, Todoroki being third and Bakugo bein fourth. Bakugo ended up teaming with :  Kirishima, Hanta Sero, and Mina Ashido. Todoroki ended up teaming with : Iida, Momo Yaoyorozu and Kaminari. Midoriya ended up teaming with : Ochako Uraraka, Fumikage Tokoyami and Mei Hatsume. Akui being first had a hard time teaming with people, because of his high point value but after around ten minutes two of his class mates approached him. They were: Mezo shoji and Tsuyu Asui. (I'm removing Mineta in this fanfic as he is annoying, he wasn't last in the series but here I'm making him forty-third.) Soon after the teams were made Midnight proclaimed the beginning of the event. Everyone quickly surrounded team Akui but he had expected this so he had prepared a counter measure. He made Shoji but his many arms around them to keep him safe while running away, he then made Tsuyu steal as many headbands with her tongue confusing many of their opponents making it easy for Shoji to quickly run away. But the ground under them suddenly went soft as one of their opponents used his quirk on the ground. Akui quickly got out of Shoji's arms jumped of him onto ground that wasn't soft.

"Tsuyu send you're tongue to me" He said as she did as told. He quickly grabbed the tongue and pulled them to him and got back on Shoji's back. Jirou attacks team Akui with her earphone jack but Shoji quickly dodged the attack while Akui jumped out of his arms once again and quickly stole their headband. Team Tetsutetsu and team Midoriya were the next to attack as team Midoriya tried to float above them but were caught by Akui as he jumped out once again and picked Tokoyami by his feat and threw him against the ground with his full force, but still making sure he would land on his feet and just be dazed for a while. Afterwards he landed on shoji's back and stole their head band before turning to team Tetsutetsu and zipping next to him stealing his headband before jumping off of Tetsutetsu's shoulder and landed on Shoji's back. Team Akui quickly runs away but that's when Bakugo uses his explosions to go to them and attack Akui. Akui blocks the attack with his arms and protects the others. Bakugo attempts to attack again but before he could Akui kicked him in his stomach sending him away. Right before he hit the ground Sero used his tape quirk to real him in.

Seven minutes in, Team Tetsutetsu, Team Monoma, and Team Kendo from Class 1-B control the second through fourth place spots. Every other team, save for Team Akui, Team Rin, and Team Todoroki, have lost all their points. Even Team Bakugo falls victim to Neito and Bakugo loses his headband. Neito taunts Team Bakugo and explains most of Class 1-B purposely placed low in the preliminaries in order to observe their Class 1-A rivals. At the halfway point of the game, Team Todoroki confronts Team Akui. All the teams with no points attack team Akui but they are all ultimately defeated when Denki electrifies them and Shoto follows up by freezing them in place rendering them useless. 

Todoroki quickly attacks team Akui but the attack was avoided by Shoji being just fast enough to escape. Akui jumped of Shoji's back to attack team Todoroki but his fist was blocked by Yaoyorozu making a shield. Akui's attack was so powerful though that they skidded back a bit and almost fell over. Akui was scared of falling on the ground so instead of stealing their points he jumped of the shield and landed back on Shoji's back and they ran away.

Irate from Neito's taunting, Bakugoi confronts Team Monoma and attacks Neito straight on. Neito evades Bakugo's blast and copies his Quirk before blasting the latter back. Then he copies Eijiro's hardening quirk and blocks Bakugo's follow up explosion. Team Kodai backs up Neito and Kojiro uses his Quirk to trap Eijiro by sticking his feet to the ground. Team Monoma flees as Neito continues to taunt Bakugo. Mina uses her acid to free her team. Neito wants to let the clock run out but Team Bakugo has other plans. Bakugo jumps from his horses and flies at Team Monoma. Kosei creates an invisible wall of air to block Bakugo, but the latter breaks it and grabs two of Team Monoma's headbands. This moves Team Bakugo into third place. Other teams try to capitalize on the chaos and Neito holds them off by copying Kosei's Quirk. Team Monoma still holds fourth place and desires to protect their last headband until time runs out. Even though Team Bakugo holds third place, Bakugo refuses to stop and demands his team fight to get their original headband back from Neito. Mina clears a path using her acid and Hanta pulls their team to Team Monoma using his tape. Kosei attempts to defend Team Monoma with another air wall, but Bakugo blasts through it and takes back his headband from Neito. Team Bakugo moves into second place while Team Monoma loses all their points. Still unsatisfied, Katsuki orders his team to go after Team Akui and Team Todoroki. 

With one minute remaining, Team Todoroki has cornered Team Akui. However, Akui has been able to keep Todoroki at bay by exploiting Todoroki's refusal to use his left side. Iida takes control of the desperate situation for his team and debuts his special move: Recipro Burst. In a flash, Iida speeds to team Akui but with Akui being faster he saw this coming so he dodged Todoroki and instead of him stealing Akui's headband he stole theirs. The recoil from Iida's super speed stalls his engines, leaving Team Todoroki immobile. When Bakugo arrived both team Bakugo and team Akui prepare to attack but just at that time event finishes.

Present Mic reveals the top four teams one by one. First was team Akui. Second was team  Team Todoroki Iida apologizes for leaving them wide open towards the end of the round. Momo reminds him that his special move is the reason their team won. Team Bakugo comes in third place. Hanta is satisfied with moving on, but Bakugo is the furthest thing from content. Believing himself eliminated, Izuku apologizes to his team. Mei and Ochaco point him to Fumikage, who apologizes for not being able to grab a headband with higher points as he was only able to get around two hundred points making them fourth. After this the next event was announced to be one versus one combat which made Akui smirk as he would finally have some fun in this festival.