Fifteen

__________
{Y/n}

"Tell me I was right." Says Caleb as we lay on my bed staring at the ceiling.

Hearing those words leave Caleb's lips made me want to deck this fucking guy. I take a deep breath and let out a small sigh "You were right." I reply bitterly.

Caleb turns to his side to face me, holding his head in his hand. I do the same, only to find that fucking cheeky grin - it's right there, staring back at me...tempting me to throw him to the ground and pound his smug face into dust. He knows that he's caught me red-handed, and he's enjoying every minute of it.

"I swear to god if you don't stop looking at me like that I'm going to slap that smirk off your face." I say to him.

Caleb laughs, clearly enjoying this. He makes a show of looking away, pretending to listen, but then he lets his gaze drift back towards me. "So you gonna let me in on what the fuck you two were doing on the training mat?"

I narrow my eyes at him with the slightest hint of a smile that still doesn't leave my face. "He was showing me a few combat techniques." I reply confidently.

Caleb smirks in response to my reply. "Oh yeah?" He asks, a hint of playful mischief in his voice. His tone and his words are full of teasing humor, but he also sounds genuinely intrigued. "Is that what that was?" He asks, his voice full of innuendo.

I roll my eyes, but I also let out a small chuckle. "Yes!" I reply playfully, matching him. I keep my voice low and teasing in a way that's clearly intended to provoke him.

Caleb laughs a little bit. "I'm sure he was showing you more than just a few combat moves." He replies in a teasing tone. There's that damn smile again, that cheeky little grin... "Now correct me if I'm wrong but, it looked like you both were about to have it at in the middle of the training room." He chuckles.

My cheeks begin to turn red with embarrassment, and I look down at the ground to avoid his knowing gaze. Caleb looks over at me with a smug look, clearly enjoying my reaction. The fact that he's enjoying this only makes me even more embarrassed, but I try my best to hold it in...I don't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing me red-faced and fumbling over my words.

"Whatever you saw was a misunderstanding. I can't let myself get distracted by him." I sigh, hoping to convey the seriousness of the situation...though it's not working as I look back at Caleb, finding that smug look all over his face.

A short while later, my phone beeps and I pause to check it. I check the notification, and my eyes widen a bit when I see who it's from...my ex. He wants to see me when I get back? The cheeky bastard.

"That the boss?" Caleb asks.

"Worse." I huff, throwing my phone back onto the desk. "It's Ben."

Caleb gives a sympathetic smile in response to my reply. "Oh, that's just great..." He says with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He lets out a short sigh and shakes his head, and for a moment all of the humor from before leaves his face. Clearly, he's not a fan of the guy either. "What on earth does he want with you now?" He replies, sounding disgusted.

I give a sigh and shrug my shoulders. "He wants to see me when I'm back. Says he misses me." I reply honestly. "I mean...what do you even say to someone that asks something like that? I don't have a clue. He can't just walk back into my life here like nothing happened." I stop myself there and hold up my hands in a little dismissive gesture.