Twenty-Four Letters✔

"Oh ma douce souffrance

"Oh ma douce souffrance. Pourquoi s'acharner? Tu recommences..."

Indila_French singer

Norabel

On Monday my world would be turned upside down once again but this time I received absolutely no sign from the universe. I woke up with an unusual smile and daydreamed for about twenty minutes before I got up to do my mourning routine.

It took me probably twice the amount of time to brush my teeth as it normally would. As I stood before the mirror above the sink I caught my faraway gaze reliving the delicious fire that almost consumed Ethan and me last night.

I didn't expect our movie session to take such an R-rated turn but far be it from me to complain. My lady parts have come alive after months of solitude. To be honest I might have gotten a bit addicted to the preview that Ethan gave me about how intense he could be in the bedroom.

I need to find a way to get back to him though. He completely reduced me at his mercy last night and while my lady parts thank him for his service, I can't let the man have the upper hand all the time. I will need to have a special coaching session with Keisha to be prepared the next time things get heated between us...

I spit the paste, rinse my mouth and look back into the mirror to analyze my expression. People often say that there's a noticeable change in your eyes when you start to feel deeply about someone. Do my eyes look brighter than their regular calm brown?

I refuse to dwell on this interrogation and trade my satin sleeping bonnet for a plastic shower cap before I undress to get in the cabin. I've never made a habit of singing when I'm in there – what with my terrible voice that even I can't listen to – but today is an exception. I find myself channeling my inner Beyoncé and then start to voice the beginning of "Halo". My vocal cords have decided not to be wobbly in honor of this memorable rendition of the iconic lyrics "Remember those walls I built? Well, baby, they're tumbling down..."

By the time I finish the song, I've convinced myself that I deserve a Grammy. This delusion can be blamed on the fact that I had two orgasms last night that I haven't recovered from.

When I get back to my bedroom I take extra care choosing my outfit. Even if I always pay attention to what I wear, today I want to stand out more because it is day one of this brand new unlabeled situation between Ethan and I. Feeling sexy is definitely on the menu. The summer heat justifies my choice for a light brown crop top, and I swear I'm not only motivated by the fact that it puts my chest at a good advantage. As for the rest, white jeans that give my butt a peach-perfect look and nude flat sandals will do.

My natural hair didn't survive the twist out after the wildness of last night so I hydrate them to get the compliance I need for a new hairstyle. I also apply some strong hold gel to serve as the foundation for a sleek result on my scalp. My favorite go-to style when I'm in a rush is a high puff. I realize it in five minutes. My Afro bun thrones on top of my head, a luxurious bouquet gleaming thanks to the right spray.