Twenty-Two Faults✔

"Princesse un jour et ma reine aujourd'hui

"Princesse un jour et ma reine aujourd'hui. Oui le chemin j'ai lu dans ton cœur..."

Victor O_ Martinican singer

Norabel

Is it possible to walk on clouds while being down on Earth at the same time?

I wrestle with this question as I follow Ethan back into the bar, my mind a messy thread of thoughts that keep playing his love declaration over and over again like a broken record. I have just been given a mind-blowing orgasm following a romantic confession that would make angels weep. How could this night possibly get better?

Never in a million years would I have imagined that Ethan's feelings for me ran so deeply. When we were still up there I became worried that he would expect me to say something in return but he didn't seem to mind my lack of a clear response.

When in doubt ask for a kiss...

Once I'm back in my room later tonight I will have time to dwell on what this declaration means for the relationship between Ethan and me. As for now I fully intend to enjoy the rest of this fabulous night.

I don't know for how long Ethan and I were gone but it suddenly occurs to me that my best friend will guess what happened earlier the second she sees us together. However, when we reach our table in the VIP section, I only notice the two other members of Collision sitting on the opposite lounge sofa where we take place. Kadrick and Keisha are nowhere to be seen and I find myself wondering if she might be having her own "rooftop moment" somewhere else.

Ethan gestures for a waiter to bring us drinks meanwhile Caleb and Midas seem engaged in a passionate debate about... foreign cities?

"I can't believe your audacity to sit there and deny the supremacy of Tokyo," Caleb says visibly offended. "She carried this whole damn storyline, they did her dirty at the end."

"No one's denying anything," Midas answers with a bored gesture of his hand. "The problem is you're way too obsessed with her character to admit that she kept making shitty decisions that put the team constantly at risk. Nairobi was the real queen period."

I think I see Caleb's eyes twitch in pent-up frustration. I glance at Ethan to find him holding back a laugh as the two continue to poke at each other.

"You're delusional."

"Argue with a wall Caleb."

I lean against Ethan who wraps his arm around my shoulder while the waiter set down our glasses.

"What are they talking about?" I ask as they continue to throw around city names in a personified manner.

"It's a Spanish series that's all the rage on Netflix," Ethan answers. "It's about a mastermind named 'El Profesor' who decided to recruit a team of robbers who choose city names as aliases, their goal is to rob the Royal Mint of Spain."