43. Permission Granted

Jimin didn't need to be told what to do

He knew he had to kneel down in front of Jeongguk with his left hand stretched forward. He knew his fiance was going to sit right next to him with her right hand stretched forward. 

It was a very private event with literally just five guests - Taehyung, Namjoon, Seokjin, Hoseok and Yoongi. The actual wedding, the one in a church with a priest was going to happen in the evening. This one was the traditional one that was going to happen in the presence of Jeongguk, just the way both Jimin and Jeongyeon wanted. 

Jeongguk sat on a newly made throne with his own sword's tip pointing to the floor in front of the couple. 

The majesty and royalty that he had in his posture automatically made the rest of them stand straight and silent with every single hair strand on their body standing up in respect to his presence.

"Do you promise to stay bound to each other your entire life and offer your life to the sand underneath you if you betray each other's trust or cause any harm to each other's happiness at any point of your life together?" 

His voice was slightly cold. He was still mad at the blunder that Jeongyeon had committed and even though he forgave her and returned to give her his consent, he needed a little time to go back to his normal self.

"Yes, Your Highness," the couple answered together. Neither of them needed anyone to tell them what to do. It was a tradition that had begun long before Jimin was even born, after all.

"Then let these marks serve as a reminder of who you belong to and who you must stay loyal to," Jeongguk said. 

Everyone wondered what Jeongguk meant, but they didn't have to wonder for long. Their jaws fell to the floor as loud gasps left their mouths when Jeongguk brandished his sword and in a swift move, made moderately long and deep cuts on both of their outstretched palms. 

Taehyung almost ran forward to yank Jeongguk away and scold him before remembering that this was their tradition and that it was upon Jimin and Jeongyeon's request that Jeongguk was doing this. 

"I give my consent for Park Jimin to wed Yoo Jeongyeon and live an eternity together in happy and sad times, during easy and tough times, in fortune and misfortune, always for each other."

Jeongguk stood up and sheathed his sword before looking down at their hands. Jimin stayed strong, having faced worse injuries as a warrior, but Jeongyeon's hand trembled violently. Still, she held it up in determination. 

Jeongguk gave them a tight smile and took their hands in each of his before placing Jeongyeon's bloody hand in Jimin's bloody one. 

None of the guests' eyes blinked the entire time for the fear of missing something. Neither did their jaws close. Taehyung shuddered and let his hand rub his arms to chill his goosebumps.