36. The Premiere

Jeongguk's blood was boiling again

And just like every other time, he was trying very hard to control himself and not act on impulse. 

Still, he couldn't get his blood to calm down. 

Seeing other actors walk up on the small dias and get flashed on was getting on his nerves. 

How on earth were they even able to see with all the cameras' flashes blinding their eyes?!

It was soon Taehyung's turn and Jeongguk was about to go up as well, but Taehyung stopped him. "You can't go up with me, Ggukie. Meet me on the other side of the dias," he said.

Jeongguk frowned and opened his mouth to protest, but Taehyung was already gone. 

Jeongguk looked up at Taehyung, who was smiling at everyone without showing much discomfort at the flashes. Jeongguk, however, could see how Taehyung slightly squinted his eyes when the flashes became too much. 

There was also the fact that a lady was yelling directions into a mic for Taehyung to turn to. And that was the last straw for him. 

Who the hell was she to order his man around like that?! Poor Taehyung had to obey her and look wherever she wanted him to look. He pouted just for a millisecond before barging onto the dias. 

Gasps sounded everywhere and Taehyung, who was looking up the other way, turned around to see what was wrong and all but flinched at Jeongguk's presence. 

Jeongguk, however, didn't give him any time to react. He grabbed him by his arm and began pulling him away after throwing a feeble glare at the cameras flashing wilder than before. Feeble because he couldn't bear the sudden flash of lights. 

"JEONGGUK!!" Taehyung whisper-yelled after Jeongguk finally stopped dragging him away from the dias (Jeongguk only stopped after they were in the washroom, entirely alone). "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU JUST DID?!" 

"Yes, I protected your eyes from those harsh lights and you from that rude lady."

"Rude who?!"

"That loud lady with that huge mic!! She was being rude to you and I shall not tolerate anyone being rude to you!! How dare she order you to look wherever she wants you to?! And why would you listen to her?! Are you a monkey?!"

Taehyung could only blink in confusion. What was happening? What did Jeongguk think was happening?

"Baby," he sighed and took Jeongguk's hand, rubbing the back of it smoothly. "I appreciate your concern, but that is what I have to do. And it's okay, she wasn't being rude. That's her job. And she is in fact helping me and the cameramen over there organize the order of taking pictures. You need to chill and let me do my work."

"But-"

"No buts, Ggukie. Even if I never confirmed anything to my fans, they are gonna know for sure now that we are a couple. What have you done," Taehyung sighed. "People are gonna start up those articles about you again. That you are mannerless, rude, whatnot."