40. Acting is an Art

"You literally stole from Jeonkungjeon!!" Jimin was on the floor, gasping for breath as he laughed

"Shut up. This is all mine. I didn't even touch what belonged to my brother or my parents. I just took what's mine," Jeongguk said as he handed one of the beautiful jewels to Jeongyeon. "What do you think about this, Jeongie? Would it be suitable for your wedding dress?" he asked. 

"Why would you worry about that? I will buy my fiance her jewellery!!" Jimin exclaimed angrily though everyone knew he wasn't actually angry. 

"Because she is like my sister now," Jeongyeon's eyes widened at the honour her master just gave her, "and this is her brother's gift for her wedding."

Taehyung's face glew up with pride. "I'm sure it will suit your dress, Jeongie," he said. He had seen her dress, after all. It was only Jeongguk who hadn't.

Jeongyeon couldn't speak. She was overwhelmed by Jeongguk calling her his sister. Serving him her entire life had been her dream. She had never even dreamt of attaining such a position in her life. 

"Y-Your Highne-"

"Jeongguk."

"Y-You-"

"Jeongguk, Jeongie."

"J-Jeongguk..." she called timidly. "Oh my god," she whispered and promptly burst into another set of tears. 

"Alright, now. Calm down. No need to get emotional for that. It was bound to happen," Jeongguk brushed it off and dug into the trunk to get more necklaces, earrings and bracelets out. 

The four of them were huddled around one of the trunks in one of the farthest rooms in Taehyung's house after locking every door and window. 

"Emotionless bastard," Taehyung muttered, but Jeongguk ignored it in favour of spreading the next little batch of jewellery on the floor. 

"Oh! I want this one!" Taehyung exclaimed as soon as his eyes landed on an extremely beautiful purple pendant. 

"Sure, baby," Jeongguk said and immediately took the pendant out of the little chain it was on before hooking it up to a simple long chain and putting it around Taehyung's neck. "Pretty," he whispered and brushed his fingers over the pendant that now rested under Taehyung's neck. 

Taehyung was positively beaming. He already had a couple of those jewellery booked for himself, but this was by far the best one he had ever seen and he couldn't be happier that it was now resting around his neck. 

It took them hours to sort through the jewellery and get to the trunk that contained paintings and games from Jeongguk's childhood. 

"Oh my god! This was exactly how you looked like when I taught you swordsmanship," Jimin roared in laughter while caressing one of the scrolls of paintings fondly. "Woaaahh, to think this little Jeonggukie grew up into this fine young man....bombastic!!"