13. Betrayal?

Taehyung didn't know how it happened

He didn't know how Yoongi managed to convince him. 

He just knew that Yoongi had successfully managed to talk his way into Taehyung's brain and convince him that Namjoon was being childish and petty and that he needed to get over and learn to live with it. Because this was what he had signed up for when he decided to marry an actor as famous as Seokjin. He conveniently ignored the part where Namjoon and Seokjin got married when Seokjin was still an amateur actor. 

Taehyung knew Namjoon wasn't being childish and petty. Because no matter what, seeing their partner kiss someone - acting or not - hurt. And pain was pain. Childish or not. 

But Yoongi was right. This was what Namjoon had signed up for. 

Yoongi managed to convince Taehyung that the movie would be an utter flop if anyone other than Taehyung acted in the role of the wayfarer and that he would talk to Namjoon about it. 

Taehyung knew he would have to talk to Namjoon as well and not just leave it to Yoongi to do the talking, but all in all, the visit ended with Taehyung signing the contract for the movie and Yoongi leaving for work with a huge gummy grin on his face. 

Taehyung was grinning as well, a pretty boxy one, but the second he turned around, his smile fell and he flinched at Jeongguk, who was glaring fire at him with his arms crossed. 

"What now?" Taehyung asked exasperatedly.

"You are committing a crime by betraying your friend's trust. You both were talking bad about him behind his back. This will cause trust problems for you later," Jeongguk lectured. 

Taehyung wanted to tell him he was exaggerating, but something about the seriousness in his voice told him this lecture was coming from personal experience. 

He wasn't that good with history, but he did remember something about Jeongguk's brother betraying his trust and plotting evil stuff behind his back, which led to The Great War of Jeonseol. 

"I'm not betraying him. I'm going to call him and tell everything now," he ended up saying. 

"Didn't he say he was going to be busy today? He wouldn't have time to meet you," Jeongguk said. He didn't understand much from their conversation earlier, but this was something he understood very well. That and the fact that Taehyung was now doing the same thing Namjoon had earlier asked him not to do. 

He wondered if he would have to prepare for war again. He definitely had it in him to fight again. All of his injuries from the war had miraculously healed after drowning in the sea, after all. If it came to it, he could drive all of Taehyung's enemies away using those two swords from Taehyung's house. Not that he thought Namjoon would become Taehyung's enemy, but he hadn't expected his brother to become his enemy either. Look where he was now. 

He knew he wasn't going back. During his time alone in the bath, when he had enough time to think about everything, he realized how Taehyung, Namjoon and Jimin had been acting nervous earlier when they talked about figuring things out. He realized that they did not know what to do either. And it was obvious they had no way of contacting their King either. 

But Jeongguk just wanted to go back home. 

His Kingdom was waiting for him, after all. His people were waiting for him to return and rule them and lead them to light. 

"JEON JEONGGUK!!" 

It wasn't Jeongguk who flinched at the yell like he was supposed to do, but Taehyung, who suddenly found the tip of that damn sword pointed at his throat. 

"I'm sorry," Jeongguk said and dropped the sword the second he realized that it was just Taehyung who yelled his name to bring him out of his thoughts, but that still didn't stop Taehyung's racing heart from racing. "The hell?!" he yelled. "Don't do that again, fuck, it scared the shit out of me!!"

"I apologize," Jeongguk said again and put his sword back into its hilt before placing it back on the coffee table. 

"Hey, that's not a showpiece!! Why are you putting it on display like that?!" 

"You have put swords on display as well. I see no wrong in putting my sword here either," Jeongguk said calmly. 

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Because they're antique!! Do you know that they are almost five hundred years old?!" 

"I remember Jimin-nim telling me earlier that I've come more than six hundred years into the future. I suppose my sword's older than them," Jeongguk said with an eyebrow raised proudly, complete with a little smirk. 

'Shut up,' Taehyung told himself. That smirk, combined with his bun and a built-as-fuck body was doing nothing to him. Absolutely nothing. He was perfectly alright.

"Seeing as you are unable to reply, I assume you've understood that my sword is more worthy of being displayed than them," Jeongguk said, his smirk growing bigger, unaware of Taehyung's struggle. 

"You're right. It is," Taehyung said and looked at his wall. "I'll get your sword fixed over there for a better display. But in return, you have to promise me to stop pointing it at people for all small reasons. Deal?" 

Jeongguk looked sceptical. "I shall keep it with me. I cannot make such a promise," he said. 

"Please?" Taehyung asked, tilting his head to the side and widening his eyes with a little pout. 

Jeongguk, being utterly new to Taehyung's trap, fell right into it. He looked away before clearing his throat and handing his sword to Taehyung. "Do whatever you want," he mumbled while still looking away, and then walked away for real. 

"Hey, wait!!" Taehyung called out with a chuckle. He found it cute how Jeongguk fell right for his little pout. He hadn't even brought out the entire puppy-dog expression that he knew no one could ever resist. It was cute how Jeongguk was obviously attracted to him and didn't even know about it. 

And he didn't expect it. 

"What?" 

"I'm gonna call Namjoon hyung and talk to him. Do you wanna see how a phone works?" 

"You have showed me all about that witch already."

Taehyung guffawed. "What I showed you is all the extra things that this witch can do. Do you wanna see what it is actually used for?"

Jeongguk frowned - glared - at Taehyung for a couple of seconds before sighing. "Alright," he said and walked back to sit next to Taehyung. 

He had nothing better to do other than tailing Taehyung around, anyway.