CHAPTER 1

Lorveigh (LOR•VAE)

" I don't know Yami; I'm telling you, she's back on that shit." I said through FaceTime, talking to my best friend Hayami. ( Hay•Ya•Me)

" You think she's going to risk her probation for a quick fix,... again?" Hayami replied while applying the top coat to her extra long nails.

" Like you just said.. again. This ain't the first time. Just like it ain't the first time she took some of my shit. " I said looking through my jewelry box for the pair of diamond earrings I know my momma stole. I hate to call my momma an addict or thief but every time I let her in my home my expensive things come up missing and then the next time I see her she is high out of her mind. She always claims how I'm her 'babygirl' and she would 'never' steal from me but; if shit can't up and grow legs, there's two mfs in the house and one can't steal from themselves then what? It's only fair to call a spade a spade.

She blew on her wet nails before curing them in her dryer. " Yeah best friend, I care for your momma and all but she gotta go. Next thing you know she's gonna be stealing yo draws and shit talking 'bout some she had a "hot date"."

" For one, eww bitch. She better tf not..." I jumped up from my spot on the floor causing us to laugh. " She done came up on less so, let me check that out." I said looking through my panty drawer.

" Everything good? What she hit you for?"

" I see she not that low yet." I said going to sit on my bed.

" Good cus you know you don't need her leaving them around and yo' nigga find out an start thinking you creeping." She raised an eyebrow laughing, taking her hand out the dryer then checking out her paint job.

" You love you a good lil joke and slick ass comment huh? I ain't got a nigga."

" Since when?" She said damn near sticking her whole face in the camera.

" Since a nigga had me." I tossed my head to the side.

" Don't let Rio hear you saying that shit." She said bringing up my ex while I mugged. She busted out laughing. " You know I'm just fucking with you but fr though single or not, that nigga don't play about you."

Even though I hated to admit it, he didn't play about me. I mean, the few times he defended me, it was cute but that's when we were actually together. When I found out he was cheating the whole time and fucked a bitch 2 hours before taking my virginity, I broke up with him so any "protecting" he called himself doing after the fact was straight goofy behavior. This nigga couldn't treat me right our whole relationship but pressed any nigga that tries to push up on me; making them look scary and him like a nutcase.

Once we broke up, I couldn't look another nigga's direction. If I wanted a nigga, I could have one but what's the point of going dealing with the same shit with just a different nigga? I don't trust them. We don't share the same loyalty or values in a relationship. I believe in pursuing a nigga just as much as he pursues you. You treat me like a regular bitch, I'ma treat you like you don't exist. You treat me like the only girl in the world, I'ma treat you like a king. I just ain't found nobody worthy in about 2 years, not that I was looking. " That nigga better play with his dick and stay off mine."

" Save all that energy for tonight bitch. You know he on the basketball team with Dre and Darius, they fasho gonna be there."

" And that's why I should just fall back and stay in." I let out a sigh.

" We gone see about that." She said adding our best friend Destinee to the call. " What's tea bitches?" She said as the video connected.

" Lori boring ass said she staying in."

" Tf for?" She said making a stank face.

" I'm not in the mood to be around drunk loud ass people all night."

" Her ass ain't trynna run into Rio crazy ass." Hayami rolled her eyes.

" Lorveigh please don't have us jumping this nigga tonight. I'm trynna dress cute." She said pressing her hand to her forehead.

" Ooh so we pulling out the g fazos?" Hayami said referring to her preferred fighting shoe.

" Ain't nobody jumping nobody, I'm not worried about him. I'm just not trynna be left alone while y'all boo love all night." I said. I loved hanging with my girls but they'll leave yo ass for their nigga in a heartbeat.

" I'm coo off Dre right now so ain't no boo loving boo." Hayami said tossing her hair over her shoulder.

" I'm glad you speaking for yourself 'cus soon as I see my nigga,.." Dess said throwing up the peace sign. " I'm out."

" You really gonna leave us for your nigga?"

" I'ma stick beside him." She said quoting the viral video, causing us to laugh.

" You flawed as hell." Hayami said. " But Lori I peeped you said 'us', you gonna stop being scary and step out with us?"

I looked back and forth between Yami & Dess who were both giving me crazy looks waiting on my answer. I really wanted to stay in, catch up on some shows as I finished up on a few of my designs but; I really didn't need to focus on my mom right now. She continues to fuck up and that's honestly her loss. Also, I'd hate if my bitches had a time without me. " Only 'cus I know you bitches would be bored if I wasn't there." I playfully sucked my teeth. " I'll go."

" I'll take whatever excuse you dishing out. But ladies, my nigga is calling. Lorveigh be ready by 10. Not 10:05, 10:07 but 10. Darius lil sis Jasmine gonna ride with us. Byeee!" Dess sang before she hung up. She always rushed off the phone when like she said her nigga was calling or around or before anyone can try to change their mind.

" Ooh bitch we outside!!" Hayami said turning around twerking in her vanity chair.

" We outside!" I hyped her up in the camera.

We stayed on FaceTime for a few more minutes before ending the call. I checked the time on my phone seeing 6:36 PM. I had enough time to get ready before everyone showed up here. I connected my phone to my Bluetooth stereo and began to play Lituation by Fabolous. I needed something to hype my energy and Loso always gets the job done. I walked into my walk in closet, looking for something to wear as I rapped along to the song.

( LIKE, COMMENT, VOTE)! SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES - MELANIN MONROE 💋