CHAPTER 18

Von

" Where you taking me?" I asked, as I adjusted my seat in Lori's car.

" It's a surprise." She said, following the directions on the GPS on her phone, as she played Love Sosa by Chief Keef.

" How many surprises you gone put a nigga through?" I asked, rapping along to the song.

" Just one more, then we gonna go somewhere later and relax." She said, backing out the driveway.

" You making it real hard for when yo birthday come."

" Why? I'm not even the type to ask for much." She said, chuckling.

" I know, that's why I gotta go all out." I said, making her look over at me smiling.

We drove for another 30 minutes until her GPS said we reached our destination. She pulled into an underground garage, parking her car. " You ready?"

" You still ain't telling me, where you got me at." I said, sitting up.

" You're fine. I promise." She leaned over, kissing me. " Let's go." She said, getting out.

I got out the car, grabbing her hand and putting my other hand on my gun under my shirt. Lori pulled out her phone, calling someone. " We're here." She said, looking over at me, as she pressed the elevator button. " Okay, here we come. See you soon boo." She said, as we stepped on the elevator.

" Who was that?"

" You'll see." She said, smirking as the elevator doors closed.

" You gone keep up this 'lil surprise 'til the last second huh?"

" Yup." She said, popping her lips. " Now, stop asking questions and come on." She said, as the elevator doors opened as we reached the third floor. I stepped off, seeing we was in a hallway with two doors. Lori walked to the door that had music coming from it. " You ready?" She asked, with her hands on the knob.

" This a kickback or something?"

She laughed, opening the door. She walked in and I stepped in behind her, seeing a studio room. India jumped up from the couch when she seen Lori, making Durk turn around in his chair. He stood up, walking over to me. " I know Grandson ain't in no studio." He said, shaking my hand. " Wassup boy?"

" Yeah, wassup Lori?" I said, turning to her. " We watching Durk record his album or something?"

He busted out laughing. " You still ain't tell him?" He said to Lori.

" Well, when I was cleaning out your dresser drawer, I seen papers and a notebook of raps you wrote when you were away." She said, sitting on the couch next to India. " They were really good so, I figured we should see what it would sound like recorded over a beat." She shrugged.

" Man ma, I did some of that shit when I was in the hole. I was just fucking 'round." I chuckled, sitting down beside her. " But I'll watch bro lay some shit down."

" Nah bro, she feel like you got some shit. Let's hear it." He nodded towards the booth.

" I ain't no rapper."