CHAPTER 20

Grandson

I was driving down 75th, thinking 'bout Lori telling me she loved me. It's been a few hours since she accidentally said it and that's all I could focus on. I know she ain't really mean to say the shit but; with me knowing her the way I do, I know she don't really say shit she don't mean. I can tell when she's serious or not and in that moment, she was serious 'cus she ain't mean to say it. I couldn't front and say I didn't feel the same way, I love Lori. The timing night be quick but, I ain't never fuck with a shawty the way I fuck with Lori, she different in every way. I'ma try my hardest to not fuck up what we got going on but, the streets ain't built for a relationship unless yo' girl was in the life too. And Lori fasho wasn't one of them or used to this typa' lifestyle.

I shook the thoughts from my head as I was pulling up to the destination. I made a right off Cottage, parking a few houses back, turning off my car. I looked up, making sure I had a good view on the house I was here for. I rolled up a blunt stuffed with Runtz, sipping lean, watching my surroundings and seeing how I was gone make my move. I leaned back in my seat; getting comfortable, waiting to catch this motherfucka slipping. I've been hunting for this bitch Shay and finally got the drop on where she'd be. I got a tip that thot bitch was at her best friend house, getting her hair did. I checked my phone, looking at the time. It was almost two in the morning and I was growing impatient. " Where this hoe at?" I said, taking a pull from the blunt. I glanced up, seeing her walking out the crib with a short blue do. She look cute, it's just fucked up she only gone be able to fleek her new style at her funeral. I got out of my car; clutching my pole, ducking down and creeping up on the side of a bush. I let her walk out to the sidewalk, she waved by to her best friend and started texting on her phone going down the street. I snuck up behind her, without letting her turn around. " Wassup now bitch?" I said, lifting my gun and aiming it at her.

BOOM! One shot to the head was all it took. I starting running back to my car, stopping in my tracks when I seen that same Porsche truck pulling up on the street. " Boy, I'm on yo' ass now." I said, letting off more rounds. First shot, shattered the glass on his windshield. He hit the gas speeding down the street, swerving on each side of the lane. I let off a few more shots but, I was too far back to hit his shit. Motherfuckas started coming out of their houses; gossiping and staring at Shay laying in a pool of blood, while lights shined from down the street. I tucked my pipe, running back to my car and getting in. Her best friend screamed; running out of her house to Shay, getting on the ground, shaking her and slapping her cheek trying to get her up. I guess her Mama ain't teach her not to beat a dead horse. I thought to myself, chuckling, taking off and racing off the block.

I made it to the hood, parking and smiling at the fact that shit went as planned. The best part of the shit was, the bitch ain't even see it coming. She was too busy laying low with her nigga after that triflin' ass shit she pulled on me. Getting this bitch lo' was the hardest part to figure out but, once I got the drop, it was a greenlight. I hopped out my whip, taking a duffle bag from my trunk and jogged up the stairs to T.Roy crib. I sparked up my wood, walking inside his apartment. I chuckled, ain't shit like the smell of Tooka after catching a fresh one. I went into the kitchen, throwing my bag down and pouring me a bowl of cereal. " Mission accomplished?" T.Roy asked, coming inside the kitchen, putting a shirt over his head.

" You know I does my thingy thang." I said, eating a spoonful of cereal when a text came through my phone.

Herb - what's the word

Me- I'm just coolin'.

I sent him the code, letting him know shit was handled.

" T.Roy and V.Roy never miss." He said, chuckling. " How that shit go down?"

I told him how that shit played out from creeping up on that hoe unexpectedly, to busting at that lame ass nigga in the car. He leaned in, jumping up and down, listening to the story. This nigga excited as hell, he was just like me when it came to drilling. If he wasn't scoring in the streets, he got hype off of my encounters and vice versa. Shit been like this since we was 17; if we wasn't catching bodies together side by side, we was in the field putting in work; meeting in the middle and rallying up the score.  " Now that she in a Lyft right now going to meet her maker, we gotta find that nigga and handle that."

" Man, that nigga only pop up when Shay ass around, on some Casper Romeo shit." I said, taking a hit of the blunt. " I'on even know where to look for that nigga."

" We just gone have to find that trick a new Juliet to lure him out." He said, shrugging as I passed him the blunt. " We could get Keisha on play."

" I ain't hitting licks with no more bitches in that rat ass circle." I said, sitting up.

" I'ma ask 'round, see what I could find out."

" We gone see, shit gotta get done quick." I said, grabbing my duffle bag walking to the restroom and changing into spare clothes. I chilled with T.Roy for a minute before, taking my shit to the fifth floor to be burned. I jumped back in my car, heading back to my crib. 15 minutes later, I was walking inside my crib and jogging up the stairs to my room, seeing Lori knocked out sleeping. I went to my bathroom, taking a quick shower.

I rubbed my hand down my face, thinking 'bout the bullshit I had to deal with today. Now that Shay was peacefully out the way, all I gotta do is deal with this nigga from Tennesse she been kickin' it with. Once that shit gets done, I gotta settle shit with Keema dumb ass and get her out the way then focus on this rap shit. Keema was gonna be a problem; no matter what I said or did, she's the type to do whatever she can to spite a nigga for not being with her. In the back of my mind, how Lori would feel 'bout all this shit played out. I know she don't fuck with the streets and I wasn't trynna intentionally hurt her but, some bullshit just impossible to miss or let slide. If she couldn't understand, I was gonna do everything I could to get her to. A nigga wasn't tryna lose her, especially over some shit that was out of my control.

I got out the shower, drying off and putting on my Versace boxers. I stepped back in my room seeing Lori still sleeping. I climbed in bed, pulling her body closer to me. She turned around, snuggling against my chest, breathing softly. I kissed her forehead, laying my head down. I closed my eyes and fell asleep quickly, thinking 'bout how the block was gonna be a better place with one less opp bitch running around.