CHAPTER 5

Lori

I walked into my house to the smell of breakfast being cooked; which smelled good as hell, while music played on the bluetooth speaker. I made my way in the kitchen seeing Yami swaying her hips to the music, whisking eggs in a bowl. " Let me find out good dick got you in my kitchen whipping it up." I said making her jump. I laughed while setting our drinks on the counter.

" Don't do that." She said grabbing her chest. " And why it gotta be good dick, why can't I just be cooking for my bitches?"

" Right sis, cus Lori ass a chef every other day but, ain't had no dick since Noah built the Ark." Dess said coming from the backyard, sitting on the bar stool in the kitchen.

" I guess you never get any good dick cus I ain't seen you bake a potato yet."

" Sis do gotta point." Yami said pouring the eggs in the hot skillet.

She stuck up her middle finger. " My reservations top tier tho."

" Go to hell." I laughed.

" So, what they saying about your mom?" Yami said.

" We still waiting on her test results to come back, but she got 2 options; 6 months getting treatment in rehab or 6 months locked up for a violation." I shrugged.

" What she choose? I hope treatment."

" She didn't. She kept saying how she wasn't going, rehab just uses mfs for money, same ol bullshit."

" Not her saying rehab basically a Ponzi scheme." Dess shook her head. " But you basically gave her one option cus who tf gonna willingly go to jail?" She said sipping her strawberry lemonade.

" Patrice!" Me and Yami said at the same time.

" She ain't gotta choice now, I'm not about to risk my life for her as anymore. Had me tasing a nigga in the balls were hours in the morning."

" In O'Block? You fucking kidding me." Yami said turning off the stove.

" I wish I was."

" Shit yo momma wasn't the only one out thuggin. You out here pulling electric glizzies out on niggas in they own hood." Dess said getting up to wash her hands and make her plate.

" I had to, the nigga kept calling my momma a dead body saying she ain't leaving the house. Had me all the way fucked up."

" How you get her out the apartment?" Yami said sitting down with her plate.

" You not listening Yami? She said she electrocuted a nigga in the nuts." Dess rolled her eyes sitting down.

" You play too much." I said. " But no, they called some nigga to kick us out and he ended up carrying my momma to the car."

" That was nice. Is that where the jacket came from?"

I had forgot all about him giving me his jacket to put on. I looked down at the black Moncler puffer jacket, nodding my head.

" What he look like?" Dess raised and eyebrow.

" I really don't remember, he was decent tho." I said downplaying how fine he really was cus I wasn't no joe bitch.