CHAPTER 27

Two Weeks Later

Von

" 47

" 47...48...49...50." I mentally counted, finishing my last rep of diamond pushups. I took my towel, wiping the sweat from my forehead; sitting on my bunk. I took a minute to catch my breath, letting my body cool down from my morning workout.

This has been one of my way to pass time and distract my mind from Lori ignoring me for the past two weeks; which was fucked up since I ain't have the time to explain the whole Keema shit to her. As many times as I told her it wasn't my baby, the look on her face that day told me she didn't believe me. I was going to do everything in my power to get her to hear me out, I just needed her to answer one of my calls first.

A guard I been getting into it with walked by; tapping his baton on my cell, as I sat there a caged man. " Looks like you're getting a new cellmate." He smirked, looking pleased.

" I ain't worried 'bout it." I said; nonchalantly, removing the rubber band from my hair.

" You will be." He snickered. " Don't say I didn't try to warn you." He said; tapping the bars three more times, before whistling.

" Fat ass pig." I mumbled.

" What was that Bennett?" He said; getting mad, deepening his voice.

I looked over; side eyeing him, chuckling. " You heard a nigga." I said; putting my hands on the edge of the bed and lowering my body. " Fat. Ass. Pig." I said, pushing my arms up from the bed.

" On your feet inmate!" He yelled; taking keys from his belt loop, unlocking the cell. He slung the door open, walking in and stood over me. I continued my reverse push ups, trying to ignore this nigga before he got what he was asking for. " I said on your feet." He said through his shut teeth.

I lifted my body from my bunk, standing straight up. " What you wonna do?" I asked; clinching my jaw, towering over his fat round unhealthy ass. " Make yo' move." I said, as he put his hand on his taser.

" Up against the wall." He said, reaching over to grab my shoulder. I swatted his hand away, moving to the side. These pigs was getting beside themselves thinking they could grab and shove you however they wanted; I ain't play that shit in the streets so, I damn sho' wasn't going for that in here. They was trying everything in they power to test me, just so they could tax on more crimes to a nigga's time.

I went to court last week and they was talkin' bout giving me 15 years. Then my lawyer stopped by yesterday saying, they was now offering 21 to 45 years due to new incriminating evidence. The judge was only raising a nigga's time 'cus of my priors and the fact I was already on parole. The D.A still wasn't trynna send my lawyer over the 'proof' they claimed they had, which I knew was cap 'cus a nigga like me don't leave behind evidence or witnesses. I wasn't dumb, they was only keeping me 'cus they was familiar with my background and wanted me to cop a plea deal. All the system did was lock niggas like me up and try to get them to flip on each other but, they had another thing coming fucking with me. " I ain't no picture frame, fuck I'ma be doin' onna' wall?" I asked.