CHAPTER 19

Lori

" Nah, let it rock out." I heard Von say, as I stepped back in his room from taking a shower. " Keep me posted." He said, before getting off the phone. He nodded his head at his phone screen, locking it. " You good?" He asked, looking up at me going into the closet. I looked through the clothes I had here and decided on a white dress, I made two weeks ago, and my Rick Owens.

" Yeah, you?" I asked, walking back in the room. I sat on the bed, beginning to moisturize my legs.

" Always. Durk hit me earlier to pull back up to the studio?" He said, taking the body butter from my hands and rubbing it in on my legs.

" The song already done?"

" Something like that. He want me to come check it out tho." He said, rubbing my feet. " You gone come with me?"

" You want me to?"

" I mean, this shit was yo' idea." He chuckled.

" And, it was a good one." I said, hopping off the bed. " I can't wait to hear how it turned out."

" We gone see." He said, getting off the bed after me." Durk said he fucking with it."

" Well, let's hurry up. I want to hear it." I said, getting dressed.

We drove back to the studio to hear Von's finished song. Even though he was skeptical, I know it would be a big deal and something positive outside of his daily activities. From what I heard so far Von had the potential to make it. I wasn't going to force it by telling him; I was going to let him believe and see it for himself, my support was already there. Von pulled up to the building, parking in the underground garage. I jumped out of the car, waiting for him at the back. " Damn, you more hype than me." He said, laughing, meeting me behind the car.

" I feel like a music executive or something." I said, as he grabbed my hand. " Or what's them people called that discover talent? A talent agent?"

" So, now you discovered me? Bring yo 'lil goofy ass on." He said, pressing the elevator button. " I found you in the O, remember?"

" Don't remind me." I said, rolling my eyes. " Them friends you got in there rude than a motherfucker." I said, as we stepped in the elevator while the door closed behind us.

" They nicer than me."

" They heartless as hell."

" We all is." He chuckled, with a sinister look in his eyes. " You gone tase me me like you did my boy Muwop?"

" Don't make me use it." I said, as we walked off the elevator. " I got the one that shoots too."

He busted out laughing. " Let me find out my lil shawty a shoota." He said, as we approached the studio room door. " Wonna hit a drill with me?" He said, placing his arm around my shoulders.

" Boy, no." I said, removing his arm, making him laugh.

" Why not? I already know you a surgeon if I need one. I'm trynna see if you can be a hitman too." He laughed, opening the door.

" What is up with you and shooting people?"

" It get my dick hard." He shrugged.